Text message from Payplan

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
28 posts Page 1 of 2

country girl
by country girl » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:07 pm
Late this afternoon I received a text from Payplan saying to contact them regarding my missed payment and that my arrangement may be at risk. As far as I am concerned all my payments are up to date. I have checked my bank statements, they should have only just received my last payment as that was made on 25th.
I tried to ring them when I got home but of course the IVA department only works 9-5 which makes it quite differcult to contact them. I am very worried about this,another sleepless night ahead.[:(]

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:18 pm
Probably just and administration error on their part. Text is a strange way for professionals to communicate with their clients - but why not text them back and ask them to provide details of the payment they say is late.

country girl
by country girl » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:25 pm
Yes I have done this Melanie.
I found it pretty upsetting especially as they said my arrangement is at risk also they are quick off the mark if it is my January payment as they would only just have recieved this. I know I have not done anything wrong but it is a worry.
Thanks for your reply.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:30 pm
I would rarely use text messaging to communicate with clients. I generally pick the phone up to mine if there is a problem - much better as you then can have a chat and rectify things if they seem wrong. All IP firms make mistakes - hopefully this is the case with your IVA.

aragorn
by aragorn » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:35 pm
You have proof that you have made all your payments so try not to worry-I know its easier said than done.Hope you get it sorted out soon.

country girl
by country girl » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:43 pm
Thnaks
Unfortunately I am a born worrier but I will try not to!

Linda

aragorn
by aragorn » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:00 pm
I know what its like I worried for a whole bank holiday weekend after receiving my first annual report!.There was a misunderstanding with our first payment date which put us in arrears,it was not mentioned to us until then.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:05 pm
I think that sometimes, IPs (and I include myself in this comment) do not realise the implications of dealing with something relatively routine, which can cause so much worry for our clients - when to us it is a day to day occurance, and does not cause too much bother if the calculation is wrong.

MRBLUESKY
by MRBLUESKY » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:16 pm
hi linda you are worse than me for worrying,by the sounds of it, but with the new modern phones these days i suspect that important phone calls like eg ,i,m sorry but we are repossessing your home next week,with the new technology available that sort of distressing information is just around the corner.i would inform payplan not to text you in the future regarding important matters.i,m sure you have nothing to worry about.

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:37 pm
I received a letter from them the day they broke up for Christmas telling me that because I hadn't sent payslips in my arrangement was at risk. I had sent them three weeks previously.

I had to wait almost two weeks to be told that because they were late doing my review, these letters were sent out automatically. I wasn't best pleased.

You've got nothing to worry about, you've proof you've paid it.

country girl
by country girl » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:07 pm
Hi

Thanks have not been able to get through to Payplan on the phone this morning only had limited time as had to go to work. However I did received a phone call from the mobile where the text came from, as I had replied. It was the debt adviser who had dealt which my initial application a year ago. He did not know anything about it but was going to email Payplan. I have also emailed them but have not heard anything. It is all very odd. I am not so worried now as something has obviously gone wrong their end.
Sorry to hear you had problems Jan.
Linda

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:20 pm
Thanks Linda, it was sorted in the end. I was just so annoyed that I had to wait almost two weeks to speak to someone.

They are obviously having some big problems at the moment. As long as you have the proof, you have nothing to worry about.

I'd certainly have a bit of a go when you do eventually get hold of someone. It's not right that people should be worried like this.

country girl
by country girl » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:22 pm
Hi
Yes I agree Jan it was terrible that you had to wait that long especially over Christmas. They do seem to very hard to get hold of on the phone these days. I have written a letter now so hopefully that will get some responce. I am trying not ot worry I know I have paid at the end of the day, if I had a problem paying I would contact them straight away but that is not the case.
Any way it is my Grandson's 2nd birthday tomorrow he is such a lovely little boy I am going to focus on him.
Love
Linda

Shining
by Shining » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:26 pm
Happy birthday to your Grandson for tomorrow and as you say you know you've paid so try not to worry and have a great day tomorrow.

country girl
by country girl » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:35 pm
Thanks very much Lesley.
we are having a little party at my daughters house so it should be fun, he will be so excited!
Love
Linda
28 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”