Settlement Figure

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Johns
by Johns » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:46 pm
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help my proposal states that if we were to go bankrupt we would be discharged early as my wife would lose her job so the creditors would receive 0 pence in the pound so surely the offer of £10000 is better than 0?

Original amount £54000
Proposed Amount £39000
paid to date £13184
with offer would be £23184

But after reading other posts I am not sure if this offer would
be high enough.My wife has spoken to her boss today and because of all the stress we are going through with this and fertility he has offered her part time hours for at least a year but obviously this would not leave us with enough disposable income to pay anything into the iva what do you suggest?

Thanks

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:59 pm
I think that given the circumstances that your proposed offer is a sensible one, but take the advice of your own IP who has detailed knowledge of your case.

Where is the £10k coming frm as a matter of interest?

Johns
by Johns » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:10 pm
Hi Melanie thanks for your reply the £10000 is from my dad but he said he will only give it if it ends the iva I think hes fed up of us moaning but we are just really down and unhappy at the moment we love our home and just want a family.

MelanieGiles
Industry Expert
Contact
by MelanieGiles » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:43 am
What a lovely Dad! You go for it - but mak sure that if the IVA is accepted you pay him back!!! Good luck!

Shining
by Shining » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:22 am
Wishing you all the best with your F&F offer. x

Johns
by Johns » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:05 am
Hi all thanks for your lovely messages they have really bucked us up and we are starting to have a little hope I will update you with any news we have.
Thanks
Johns
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”