IVA Review Board

14 posts Page 1 of 1

Wizzzard
by Wizzzard » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:16 pm
Today I received a letter purporting to come from the IVA Review Board. They claim to be preparing cases to see if some people may be entitled to compensation if it is found they have been placed in an incorrect or inappropriate debt solution. does anyone know anything about this firm or is it a scam?

As an aside I have also today received an electricity bill for £1200 even though I use a prepayment meter, only use and heat one room and this month so far have put in over £200 ... sounds like another scam LOL

plasticdaft
Forum Expert
Contact
by plasticdaft » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:01 pm
The firm assists in bankruptcy and are a real pain in the butt!!

If you are happy with your IVA then dont listen to their rubbish about how you could be better off much quicker.

As for the electric bill have you been lighting up the whole street??

Shining
by Shining » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:13 pm
Send you letter to David Mond maybe via Size 5? He's always interested in this type of correspondence.

The electric bill! that's scary as some people may just pay that.

Wizzzard
by Wizzzard » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:20 pm
I have the letter here Lesley .... if you have an email address for Size5 or David I can scan it and send it on.

Shining
by Shining » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:29 pm
If you look in the experts section on the left of this box you'll find Size 5's email there Wizz. x

size5
Industry Expert
Contact
by size5 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:31 pm
I reproduce below part of some correspondence that we are currently sending to all our clients and you can make your own mind up, but as Wizzard says above, I am more than interested in receiving anything that anyone on here has received from this firm so please feel free to forward them on.

"A company named The IVA Review Board (IRB) has been sending letters to clients in Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs), suggesting you may be able to stop making payments into your IVA. Although the OFT (Office of Fair Trading) revoked the parent company’s licence (INTL Marketing) in December 2009, they are appealing this decision and because of this, their licence still stands – for now."

Regards.

Wizzzard
by Wizzzard » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:40 pm
I've emailed you a copy of the letter Size ... thanks for the info.

Wizzzard
by Wizzzard » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:11 pm
Me neither Helen ... I've had more than enough bad news this week ...

Skippy
by Skippy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:17 pm
Sorry to hear about your bill Ray, I hope you can get it sorted out easily xxx

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:16 pm
So sorry to hear you've had such a rotten week Ray - I hope you get the electricity bill sorted out. Someone wants shooting there I think!

ginger
by ginger » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:37 pm
I have received 2 x letters from a company called IRB, urging me to contact them in order to reivew my IVA with them.

The letter set off alarm bells for me, as it looks unprofessional. I did a Google search for 'IRB IVA Review Board Scam', and it brought up this forum. Thanks all for confirming what I thought.

It pays to trust your instinct.

lukeofyorkshire
by lukeofyorkshire » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:40 pm
Welcome Ginger, stick around for lots of good advice from this site and the good people on it!

kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:18 pm
Ignore any letters from companies such as these.

Welcome to the forum Ginger. You'll find we're a friendly bunch on here.

Shining
by Shining » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:30 pm
and I echo the warm welcome x
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”