Completion of IVA - Next Steps

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Sally.kes
by Sally.kes » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:59 am
HI

I have now successfully received the Completion Certificate but am totally confused what I need to do next - how can I get a normal Bank Account, apply for a Mortgage etc, etc, I have looked on various websites for advice but am totally confused - please can you give me some direction?

Another thing I have checked the Insolvency Register and no records for me and my husband are showing - does that mean the IVA has been taken off their records?

Kind Regards
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:20 am
Hi,

You will have gone from Insolvency Register - your details will remain on your credit record for six years from the start of your IVA. Check with all three credit agencies to see what they hold and, if necessary, get any creditors to remove defaults back to the start of the IVA.
Radish
by Radish » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:01 am
I completed my IVA in March 2014 and applied for a Barclaycard in Dec 2015 and was successful. I may have been able to get on a lot quicker (never tried before then) Although to be fair - I only use it lightly and save up and pay for everything cash - not going to fall in that trap again.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:19 am
Have a read here:

http://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva-d ... dit-record

I had a Vanquis card after completion and before my credit file cleared. I have now replaced that with a Post Office credit card and my bank gave me one of theirs too !
Sally.kes
by Sally.kes » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:01 pm
Thanks for the replies.

My IVA started in August 2010 and received the Completion Certificate in February 2017 so does that mean it will have been removed from my credit file?

Also which Bank are people now with? Sorry for all the questions just want to get back on the straight and narrow asap.

Thanks

Sally
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:00 pm
Check all of your credit files to make sure that no defaults are showing at all
Andy.75
by Andy.75 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:26 pm
I waited about a month or so after receiving completion certificate to check my credit files. Noddle is good because its free for life. Equifax and Experian i paid the one off £2 fee for a copy of my credit file. I had issues with one of the creditors ( Yorkshire bank) still showing default on my file but after a few phone calls to them they apologised and removed it the following month. Once clear, I applied for a Luma credit card and was accepted. Spent about £30 per month and paid off in full. My credit score grew and grew. In November i obtained a new mortgage with a high street bank. December new mobile contract. And just this month I have obtained a brand new car on personal lease
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”