Look on here every day. Helps to know others are going through the same.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
26 posts Page 1 of 2
moira717
by moira717 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:14 am
Thank you. All a bit of a minefield at the moment. This site is invaluable. If only I had Done all this sooner. Has taken me 3 yrs to admit the problem and tell my husband. Look on here every day. Helps to know others going through same. Thankyou
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:46 am
Glad we are able to be here for support and assistance.
Allywally
by Allywally » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:37 pm
You are not alone in wishing you had acted sooner, I know I wish I had but here I am starting my 5th year and I can't believe where the time has gone! Good luck, you have made the right decision.
Andy.75
by Andy.75 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:01 pm
Definitely not alone. Mine finished 1 year ago and its an amazing feeling knowing that i have no debts, some savings, and can afford to live again. Good luck with your journey
plasticdaft
Forum Expert
Contact
by plasticdaft » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:00 am
The done it sooner mantra is all too common. Our debt would have been 20k less if we had talen action earlier.

Glad the site continues to offer the support we all need to get us through tough times.

Paul
janeyjaney1
by janeyjaney1 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:14 am
I'm finding it a very valuable site too, I'm still in the early stages, still waiting for the votes to come back but knowing I'm not alone is a huge help, I'm really hoping I hear something this week as I've felt like I'm in limbo the last 2 weeks.
moira717
by moira717 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:24 am
Thank you. Have just posted my proposal after reading 4 times! Stomach churning and fingers crossed!
moira717
by moira717 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:49 am
Update.. rang step change this morning as still not had date through. It's set for April 4th (creditors meeting). They said proposal still there waiting for IP to sign then they will notify creditors. Am thinking that doesn't give them 4 wks. I asked re payments, they said to carry on whatever payments I'm making until creditors meeting
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:09 am
They must have already given notice once they had the documents signed by you ( which they cannot control ) . The IP can sign anytime in reality.
moira717
by moira717 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:59 pm
Oh thanks foggy, I was worried about the time scale. I still keep getting letters from my creditors, is this usual if they have been given notice?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:35 pm
moira717 wrote:
Oh thanks foggy, I was worried about the time scale. I still keep getting letters from my creditors, is this usual if they have been given notice?

It is usual to get creditor contact for a few weeks after the acceptance, they will, however, usually put a hold on the account for 30 days if told and given the IPs details, so you have to brave the storm for a while yet.
moira717
by moira717 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:23 pm
Ok thank you. Just can't wait t for the phone calls/ letters to stop! Feels relentless. Just pray iva is accepted. I know iva is a journey but pre iva is a journey in itself!. Thank you for all your advice. This site is invaluable.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:31 pm
You are welcome, Moira. My postie did cartwheels when my letters stoped :-)
moira717
by moira717 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:23 pm
Yes think my postman will be part time if mine accepted
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:38 am
Fingers crossed for you. My only thought is you have been advised to continue paying your creditors - personally I would question this as to me this is showing you are continuing to 'manage' - during this time you could be building a small contingency for use in the iva if you were to cease your payments - this is the route many of us went and found the contingency to be of benefit to cover the inevitable emergency.
26 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”