Look on here every day. Helps to know others are going through the same.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
26 posts Page 2 of 2
moira717
by moira717 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:10 pm
Am only making vastly reduced payments, much less than minimum payments. Step change gave me standard letter to post out offering a reduced amount. Am worried if I don't pay it may affect my creditors decision as they may think I may not make payments when in an via. Also because I have sent these letters, won't they expect me to honour this agreement?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:26 pm
It will not affect it at all - we made no payments at all and had no problems.
moira717
by moira717 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:50 pm
Am panicking...... just had my 6th phone call from salamander this week. They asked to day when the creditors letter was sent. I just rang step change as sent my proposal wks and half ago. They said proposal still waiting to be signed and hoping to send creditors letters early next week. My creditors meeting is set for 4th April, will this be in time? She said if can't send early next week they will have to suspend meeting but was confident this wouldn't happen. Don't think I can stand more waiting!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:05 pm
Don't get into any discussion with creditors -- if they have questions tell them to contact the IP directly. Stepchange know what they are doing (even though this isn't always apparent). Most of the people you speak to are in call centres and know very little -- their job is to get payments.
moira717
by moira717 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:28 pm
Thank you foggy, I am probably over thinking things. Have decided to go with previous advice and not make any further payments. Am getting hassled by creditors already by making reduced payments so will just have to ride the storm. As you say the people I deal with who are telling me to pay are probably just call center staff with a lack of information.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:32 pm
Any token payments now are effectively wasted and will make no difference to your IVA. Save the money if you can so you have a little bit of a savings pot going into the IVA. This would be a lot more useful.
moira717
by moira717 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:34 pm
Thank you. Was worried they wouldn't accept my iva if I hadn't kept to my lower payment agreement. If it has worked for everyone on here, then I will take same route.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:52 pm
Don't worry - tell any creditors you will not discuss anything with them and put the phone down.
moira717
by moira717 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:18 pm
Thank you kellis . My biggest worry is that they would ring my work number
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:07 pm
You need to tell them you are not allowed calls at work as you may lose your job because of that.
moira717
by moira717 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:40 pm
Yes have decided to take all advice and stop payments, many thanks
26 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”