Would my proposal likely to be acceptted

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
  • 1
  • 2
16 posts Page 1 of 2
User avatar
Oya
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:35 am
by Oya » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:31 pm
Hi everyone
I finally received my draft proposal for iva from step change today. They seem keeping the time schedule they said how long it would have take so far which I am very happy.
The proposal is £122 per month which is 15.14 p for £.
My creditors are barclays card, creation, vanquis, aqua , marble and capital one.
Are they likely to accept this kind of offers which is below 20p for a £. ?
Last edited by Oya on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 23230
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:42 pm
I have seen a lot lower dividends accepted. You might walk to work when the weather is good, or you are on time, but you need the ability to pay for travel in bad weather or when you need to get there faster.
User avatar
Oya
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:35 am
by Oya » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:48 pm
Foggy wrote:
I have seen a lot lower dividends accepted. You might walk to work when the weather is good, or you are on time, but you need the ability to pay for travel in bad weather or when you need to get there faster.
Last edited by Oya on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Oya
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:35 am
by Oya » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:49 pm
Foggy wrote:
I have seen a lot lower dividends accepted. You might walk to work when the weather is good, or you are on time, but you need the ability to pay for travel in bad weather or when you need to get there faster.

Sorry forgot to say thank you for quick respond
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 23230
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:53 pm
Oya wrote:
Foggy wrote:
I have seen a lot lower dividends accepted. You might walk to work when the weather is good, or you are on time, but you need the ability to pay for travel in bad weather or when you need to get there faster.

I don't eat at work as well. Would creditors check that I know it's a funny question .


The creditors themselves rarely check and will rely on the details supplied by the IP. They might, at times, query the amount or suggest a smaller amount for a particular allowance, but it it rarely a big change.
User avatar
Oya
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:35 am
by Oya » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:57 pm
Foggy wrote:
Oya wrote:
Foggy wrote:
I have seen a lot lower dividends accepted. You might walk to work when the weather is good, or you are on time, but you need the ability to pay for travel in bad weather or when you need to get there faster.

I don't eat at work as well. Would creditors check that I know it's a funny question .


The creditors themselves rarely check and will rely on the details supplied by the IP. They might, at times, query the amount or suggest a smaller amount for a particular allowance, but it it rarely a big change.

So should I just leave it as it is do you thing?
User avatar
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Posts: 15097
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:36 pm
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:11 pm
There are allowances such as meals at work which some people reduce to pay for other things which are not allowed. You will eat at work even it is a sandwich and there are other costs such as collections which we all get at work.

Public transport can allow you to visit friends or family even if you do walk to work so provided the amounts are reasonable then nothing wrong in my opinion. Affordability is the most important thing not how you spend each and every pound.
User avatar
Oya
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:35 am
by Oya » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:23 pm
Michael Peoples wrote:
There are allowances such as meals at work which some people reduce to pay for other things which are not allowed. You will eat at work even it is a sandwich and there are other costs such as collections which we all get at work.

Public transport can allow you to visit friends or family even if you do walk to work so provided the amounts are reasonable then nothing wrong in my opinion. Affordability is the most important thing not how you spend each and every pound.

Thank you for your answer. they put £30 for travel and £25 meals at work.. but next to the travel there ıs a note saying transport needed thats why i was confussed. Should i get that note removed or leave as it is?
User avatar
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Posts: 15097
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:36 pm
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:26 pm
I would ignore it as it is £1 per day for travelling. Everybody has to go somewhere sometimes so I doubt if creditors would ever have an issue with this. It probably covers the cost of a bus ticket in your area and as Foggy says sometimes it rains.
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 23230
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:27 pm
Personally I would leave as is.
User avatar
Oya
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:35 am
by Oya » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:38 pm
Michael Peoples wrote:
I would ignore it as it is £1 per day for travelling. Everybody has to go somewhere sometimes so I doubt if creditors would ever have an issue with this. It probably covers the cost of a bus ticket in your area and as Foggy says sometimes it rains.

It cost over £7 to get to next town by bus you are right there.. The only think ı was worried she put a note ı need transport to get to work that sounded as promised to me. I think i will leave it as it is.. thank you so much..
User avatar
Oya
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:35 am
by Oya » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:41 pm
Foggy wrote:
Personally I would leave as is.

Thank you Foggy.. i think i will leave it. .. ı really admired what you are doing here.. thank you for support and advices.
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 71638
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:02 pm
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:27 pm
I was allowed £35 for meals at work.
User avatar
Oya
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:35 am
by Oya » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:45 pm
kallis3 wrote:
I was allowed £35 for meals at work.
Last edited by Oya on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 23230
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:08 pm
Oya wrote:
Foggy wrote:
Personally I would leave as is.

Thank you Foggy.. i think i will leave it. .. ı really admired what you are doing here.. thank you for support and advices.


You are welcome.
  • 1
  • 2
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 19 guests