moira717 wrote:There are couple of us who have our meetings beginning of April, so know how you feel. Every day feels like a week. Would have gone crazy without the help from this site, answering my questions. Good luck to you
You mean you are NOT crazy ??!!
moira717 wrote:No I probably am crazy anyway, must be to have got myself in this situation!!
Not really -- we have all got ourselves here through various routes .. not all of our own making. But a little crazyness isn't always a bad thing.
1)Have a countdown on your fridge door and cross off the months
2) one year is 20% of a 5yr iva ... look at it % terms
3) move your money for food, fuel, clothing etc into 'cash' each month leaving money in your account for the known DD's
4) whatever is left each month even if it is only 50p ..put into a savings pot on the shelf
5) do your food shopping online ..order only what you need or visit the supermarket and stick to whats on your list - ignore the BOGOF offers unless you really need it
6) enjoy free countryside air ... get the family out and about; take a picnic; fly a kite
7) holiday wise - maybe visit family and friends away from home; or collect The Sun newspaper tokens for holidays
cook in bulk and freeze
9) think about what happens after your iva ... it will soon be the final year and you will be debt free !
Who is onlineUsers browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests
Ask the IVA Experts a QuestionSimply complete form and you will get an answer from our IVA Experts (multiple replies within an hour *)
* Any use of this forum is conditional on you having read and agreed to our terms and conditions.
* If you enter your phone number, Vincent Bond and Co Ltd will give you a courtesy call to ensure that your question has been answered.
* The question will be posted on our forum, we will email you the location