Can I do an IVA while temporarily unemployed ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
tina287
by tina287 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:26 pm
Hi I have lost my job and at the moment on jobseekers can I still do a iva as hopefully this is only short term till I am employed again
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:34 pm
Hi,

Sorry about your job loss - I would think of something like a DMP in the interim but please speak to a few companies as, depending on your level of debts and assets you may find another solution.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:50 pm
Hi. As Kallis says, have a chat with a couple of firms -- if nothing else you can start doing your research --- companies do all operate differently ( and some more customer friendly than others).
An IVA might not be the best solution, regardless of temporary unemployment, in any case and it will be in your best interests to explore all options before committing.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:48 pm
Hopefully you will gain employment again relatively quickly - until then consider all options including debt relief, debt management and iva's. Bankruptcy may also be an option depending on your circumstances.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:58 pm
An IVA usually includes payment from your surplus income so unless and until this is established an IVA might not be viable until you get back on your feet as you do not know whether this will be possible. Best of luck finding new employment.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”