Full & Final Help needed

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Desperate Bob
by Desperate Bob » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:48 pm
Hi all,

My dad has agreed to put up the money for a full and final offer to my IVA, he was fine with writing a letter to say he was providing the funds but really dislikes the idea of sending a bank statement and drivers licence to someone he does not know as he is really old fashioned, he feels that strongly about it that he may well not go ahead with it.

My IVA company stated it would need a bank statement and ID from those providing funds but as I say this may be a deal breaker on his part.

Where do I and he stand with this guys?

As usual many many thanks for the help.

Bob
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:58 pm
Hi -- I am afraid the IP is following money laundering regulations and, yes, this could be a deal breaker. Maybe it would be possible for his details to be verified by a local solicitor ( Here they do it for £10 - £20) and the solicitor inspects the documents and just signs a letter of verification to the IP. You would, of course need to discuss this with your IP.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:13 am
It's just to prove the funds are coming from a third party and have not been squirreled away by you somehow and due into the IVA regardless.

I'm afraid if your Dad is no prepared to budge on this then his offer won't be able to be processed.

Would he consider sending the funds to another party who can then gift them to you and provide the necessary evidence instead...?
Desperate Bob
by Desperate Bob » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:25 pm
Thanks Foggy, Lisa

If I could pick your brains on this one as well.

Perinta Finance have been contacting me a lot recently since I contacted my IVA company about a possible full and final offer and the lady told me that if I took out the loan (£5000) and it was accepted 6 months later or even 1 month later my father could use his money to pay the perinta loan off and that the interest would not apply, I would only have to pay them the £5000 I borrowed and that he would not have to provide bank statements and ID.

Is this correct? especially the interest part.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:58 pm
Desperate Bob wrote:
Thanks Foggy, Lisa

If I could pick your brains on this one as well.

Perinta Finance have been contacting me a lot recently since I contacted my IVA company about a possible full and final offer and the lady told me that if I took out the loan (£5000) and it was accepted 6 months later or even 1 month later my father could use his money to pay the perinta loan off and that the interest would not apply, I would only have to pay them the £5000 I borrowed and that he would not have to provide bank statements and ID.

Is this correct? especially the interest part.

I have heard mixed reports on this aspect of their sales patter, and not all good. For general info about Perint have a read here:

https://debtcamel.co.uk/perinta-loans-end-iva-early/
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”