It's over

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Garguilo443
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:01 pm
by Garguilo443 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:17 pm
Hi guys
I have my completion certificate it's been about 6 weeks since it ended and now I'm done :D
BUT my husbands IVA finished a month before mine and we have been in touch with aperture who said they are still waiting on replys from his creditors. They had 28 days already and been given another 28 how many times can they offer this? We have a disabled daughter and are desperate to get the house on the market so we can move somewhere more accessible! My husband said just to put it on the market but I don't want the creditors to be able to claim anymore money as I'm sure we preety much paid back what we owed plus the IVA fees
Any help is greatly appreciated
Thank u
User avatar
luluj
Forum Expert
Posts: 9650
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:54 am
by luluj » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:30 am
You need to ensure the restriction on the property has been lifted by the IVA company before putting the house on the market otherwise you will hit a stumbling block straightaway.

If you require mortgage advice as the iva will still remain on file for a while to come you could to Ryan from Zebra who is one of the forum experts
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=18488

Or Shaun who is a another
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=22837

Both have helped many move forwards after their iva's.
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 22413
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
by Foggy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:52 am
Good advice from Luluj -- Ryan and Shaun have helped many ex IVA'ers get decent mortgages once they are "out of the other end".

Aperture should not be giving endless 28 day periods of grace and shoud serve a final notice giving the 28 days or forfeit the claim.
User avatar
Ryan
Industry Expert
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:03 pm
by Ryan » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:03 pm
Hi
Happy to look in to this for you.
Please get in touch at the contact details below
Ryan
Garguilo443
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:01 pm
by Garguilo443 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:09 pm
Thanks for your help we are going to give them till Tuesday then call again and find out who's holding it up.
I wasn't sure about getting a new mortgage we were just thinking about going in to rented and using the money made to buy some property with cash do them up and sell them on. We are both self employed electricians and our mortgage we have now was self cert which I know no longer exist. How likely is it we could get a mortgage again?
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: admin and 5 guests