Perinta ... kinda almost convinced . Lets talk

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Rickne
by Rickne » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:14 pm
So i called Perinta today to politely decline their offer. However my god they are good with talk. The lady named Wendy was very insistant to think harder about this and although felt somewhat pushy I did feel she was being honest. Backed up by other people's posts about them on here in which they would tell you if it wasn't worth my while . And it was bordering on that untill I told her that at the end of this year , possibly feb 2018 my car finance would be complete and id have 200 free'd up per month.
She was insistant that Creditfix would absolutely suck up every penny and now this loan was a no brainer and taking my payments into account did a quick calculation where i'd be done paying back the loan within 27 months (if i paid the minimum. ) And i can always pay more each month and end early.

Now you could say this 200 extra id be paying a month is money i didnt have anyway . Whats the problem? Well imagine i want a full and final for the last year. Well now this would have to be double what it would previously. Which really bums me out. I do want out this IVA . I don't have a mortgage or anything like this and would be great to start rebuilding my credit although i understand this wouldnt be untill 6 years anyway. Regardless I'm not looking at buying a house anytime soon.

What do you guys think? Im giving it a couple more months to think over considering im told a touch early to apply .
Last edited by Rickne on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:24 pm
Sometimes it can work out --- the only real occassions that come to mind are if you are going to get a huge increase in income, drop in expenses (therefore a hike in repayment) or an inheritance is looking likely. All of their spin about improving credit is rubbish ( to put it politely) and you will also have a Perinta Loan on your credit file for a few years ( and potential lenders will know why!).

Who wins ? Well, the IP gets a introducer's fee, Perinta get a set up fee and interest and you get a chunk lopped of your "sentence" ... who loses ? The creditors .... and they are beginning to cotton on. I have heard whispers that some are rejecting variations based around early exit loans (so guess they are being pushed while the going is good).

You pays yer money (literally) and you takes yer choice :-)
Rickne
by Rickne » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:27 pm
:roll: Nothing is ever simple. I know one things for sure . A Full and final is off the cards when they double my monthly fee next year. Oh well .
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:53 pm
Rickne wrote:
:roll: Nothing is ever simple. I know one things for sure . A Full and final is off the cards when they double my monthly fee next year. Oh well .

You may well be one of the few that the loan will suit. Hopefully none of your creditors (as least those with the voting weight) will say no. At the end of the day you have to do what is right for you -- creditors allowing. Just bear in mind all those other vested interests .... not saying they are wrong to have them, as long as your interests outweigh their's !
Rickne
by Rickne » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:55 pm
Thanks Foggy. A valued opinion as always.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:26 pm
Personally I wouldn't wouldn't want any further debt and would let the IVA run it's course so I could be debt free at the end but of course it is your decision.
Rickne
by Rickne » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:51 pm
absolutely my main reason to not want this initially. The loan could be more flexible however should i want to pay more to end it quicker. To me the cash in hand overrules the credit rating.

Am I sounding won over already? :lol: :lol:
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”