just got proposal, seems a bit small of figure to pay back. Worried about being turned down

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
33 posts Page 2 of 3
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 71963
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:21 pm
I am sure you will be fine.
User avatar
moira717
Posts: 205
by moira717 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:47 pm
Mine was accepted at 15%. Didn't think it would be accepted but guess it's more than they would get in bankruptcy. Am sure you will be fine.
Johng79
Posts: 110
by Johng79 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:00 pm
Guess time will tell. The wait is gonna be brutal
User avatar
moira717
Posts: 205
by moira717 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:43 pm
It is awful, I was nervous wreck week before mine (quite recently). We all have so much depending on the decision. Such a relief when you get the decision, after weeks of waiting. Let us know how you get on
User avatar
Oya
Posts: 127
by Oya » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:05 pm
Mine was %15 as well and majority of my creditors was with insolvency exchange. Although I had a very recent infect 2 months old debt with one of the creditors they accepted with no amend. Me and Moira been there very recently, I know how you must have feel. I am sure you will be fine. Good luck :)
User avatar
moira717
Posts: 205
by moira717 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:40 am
Yes oya those few days before seemed like years!
Johng79
Posts: 110
by Johng79 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:06 am
Yeah my 2 biggest lloyds & creation are with insolvency exchange, and next one is with dreaded rbs who dont appear to be over helpful from what i gather iva wise
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 71963
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:41 am
RBS were fine with me.
Johng79
Posts: 110
by Johng79 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:58 am
Ah ok, just had read some horror stories regarding them flat out refusing iva proposals. What the other 2 main ones are like is another story i guess.
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 71963
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon May 01, 2017 10:03 am
Nobody can say for definite until the day of the meeting.
Johng79
Posts: 110
by Johng79 » Mon May 01, 2017 10:23 am
Well thats it. Im not the first and sure i wont be last in this scenario. Just so nervewrecking given the situation if proposal turned down. DMP seems a real unpalatable option as it could increase outstanding and id imagine make iva less likely to be approved few months later (as suggested by my IP if this one not accepted) due to return being even less than current one being offered.
User avatar
luluj
Forum Expert
Posts: 9844
Contact
by luluj » Mon May 01, 2017 10:58 am
Good luck from me - thats a healthy return. Have seen alot less be approved.
User avatar
moira717
Posts: 205
by moira717 » Mon May 01, 2017 7:08 pm
Best of luck. I didn't have any problem with RBS and they were one of my biggest creditors.
Johng79
Posts: 110
by Johng79 » Mon May 01, 2017 7:20 pm
Thanks guys. Hopefully get propsal issues ironed out tomorrow first thing, then it should be signed off & with ip by lunch. Then the sweat begins....
Johng79
Posts: 110
by Johng79 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:48 am
signed proposal now with IP. what happens now....
33 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests