Struggling to get my head round conflicting advice

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
sjl781
by sjl781 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:51 am
Hello, I don't know where to start, I'm currently seeking an IVA and a draft proposal has been prepared, I'm struggling emotionally to get my head round it and keep getting conflicting advice, how do I get through this?!
rogwal
by rogwal » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:55 am
Why are you doing an IVA?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:00 am
Hi,

Which company have you spoken to and why do you have a problem? We are here to help.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:22 pm
Feel free to ask any questions -- what is it that is bothering you ?
sjl781
by sjl781 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:12 am
rogwal wrote:
Why are you doing an IVA?

Hi. Due to HMRC. Feel like I am drowning in mud!
sjl781
by sjl781 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:14 am
kallis3 wrote:
Hi,

Which company have you spoken to and why do you have a problem? We are here to help.

Thanks for your help. I have gone with a local company, who seem fine. I just keep getting different information, which is confusing. Having never had to go down this route before I have to say it is terrifying ... it is the fear of the unknown etc and the what if's that is the worst thing at the moment :(
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon May 01, 2017 11:28 am
sjl781 wrote:
kallis3 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your help. I have gone with a local company, who seem fine. I just keep getting different information, which is confusing. Having never had to go down this route before I have to say it is terrifying ... it is the fear of the unknown etc and the what if's that is the worst thing at the moment :(

I would suggest having a chat with a couple of firms, especially see if they have experience with HMRC as a creditor ( they sometimes need careful handling). At firsy, you don't even know which questions to ask, but, as you speak to a few, it is surprising how much you pick up. Also read around the forum and see what things have been bothering the rest of us -- which can give you some clues as to the pitfalls.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon May 01, 2017 1:09 pm
I agree with Foggy - speak to as many as you need to. At the risk of being nosy - how much is your debt to HMRC and how much do you owe elsewhere?
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon May 08, 2017 2:19 pm
What is the conflicting advice they are giving you? Ask them to clarify it in an e-mail?
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”