Is there a timescale for IVA companies to distribute PPI money ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue May 09, 2017 11:14 am
Prenderhorse wrote:
Hi Foggy, I don't believe I've been disrespectful? - I do take exception to Mr People's slightly dismissive comment though-
"The IP may be waiting for more money in before they distribute but it does not matter to you anyway."

It does matter to me, I have an interest in when and how the money is distributed to my creditors.

A

Maybe an incorrect word choice / interpretation. I think what was meant was that the PPI will not affect the outcome of your IVA in so far as it materially affects you and your circumstances. The IVA will still have achieved its intended aim.

In my turn, I was referring to your taking a pop at Michael specifically for things which are not his responsibility and not in his gift to be able to change.

Yes, of course, you should be entitled to be given a full account and, again, you need to take issue with your IP to get this.
Prenderhorse
by Prenderhorse » Tue May 09, 2017 11:20 am
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your response, no hard feelings but I don't like the IP's view that creditors should automatically be entitled to PPI compensation. The money was obtained by the bank involved by deception and for many people, including myself - this was a major contributing factor to financial problems that led to an IVA. I certainly hope the verdict is challenged by someone in the near future,

Regards

Andy
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Tue May 09, 2017 1:34 pm
None here either Andy. I accept your point about PPI but at the end of the day we all must abide by decisions whether we like them or not.

I voted remain and it still sticks in my throat that Britain is leaving The EU and there could be customs checkpoints back here after all these years but that is a separate thing altogether.
Prenderhorse
by Prenderhorse » Tue May 09, 2017 1:41 pm
Yep, I was :cry: a remainer too....
19 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”