Just paid a settlement figure to my IVA company

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:23 am
by rachel241 » Thu May 04, 2017 8:48 am
Hi I have just paid a settlement figure to my IVA company as creditors agreed to let me settle early! Can I now sell my house or do I need to wait for my completion certificate
User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 71603
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:02 pm
by kallis3 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:16 am
You need to wait until your completion and the restriction has been lifted.
User avatar
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Posts: 15067
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:36 pm
by Michael Peoples » Thu May 04, 2017 12:40 pm
The IP could remove the restriction now but better to push for the completion statement. Usually when a full and final is agreed the property is then excluded so it may be okay but speak with your IP.
User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 23158
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
by Foggy » Thu May 04, 2017 6:09 pm
IF the property has now been excluded -- get that in writing ! Otherwise it would be prudent to wait the couple of months until you get the certificate of completion -- until that time, you are still bound by the terms of the IVA and many F&F lump sums merely absolve you from the regular payments only until the CC is issued.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests