HELP I need to open a new current account TODAY

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
blackhole
by blackhole » Thu May 04, 2017 4:54 pm
HELP I need to open a new current account TODAY who do I go with. My IP is waiting for confirmation of a new account being open and direct debits transfired before applying for my IVA can't seem to find one that will allow me to open now without having to wait for paperwork in the post
redboxtree
by redboxtree » Thu May 04, 2017 5:07 pm
To be honest no bank would allow that because it would not allow them to comply with their regulators, money laundering regulations or basic account security.

If agreed some may provide you the sort code and account number but you would not have immediate access.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu May 04, 2017 5:10 pm
Hi,

Your IP should not need to see this! Why do they need to see your DD's have been sored.

I am sure you can do things online.

You can try Co-op - they are usually good.

Which company are you using?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu May 04, 2017 5:16 pm
Also, if your current bank is not a creditor (unless it is HSBC or First Direct) you are fine to stick with that bank.
blackhole
by blackhole » Thu May 04, 2017 5:35 pm
thanks our bank account is someone we have debt with. they wanted us to have sorted new bank out and dd payments before applying for iva as bank will freeze our account
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu May 04, 2017 5:39 pm
You do need a new account but it is not up to your company to say about DD's - mine didn't.
blackhole
by blackhole » Thu May 04, 2017 5:47 pm
i think they want to ensure we have everything sorted before we are locked out
moira717
by moira717 » Thu May 04, 2017 5:52 pm
I opened one with tsb online, took about 10 mins.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu May 04, 2017 5:58 pm
My co-op cashminder was approved and active within minutes, but it did take a few days to get cards and online access sorted. But, you needn't panic to get it done immediately --- if your proposal has to wait a few days, so be it.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”