I was in an IVA with my ex husband

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
carly437
by carly437 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:36 am
Hi
I was in an IVA with my ex husband from 2012 but we left it early in 2014. In 2015 we cleared all the debt with all our creditors, during that time the IVA showed on my credit report but now it doesn't. Does this mean my records are clear of my IVA and once my credit score is up to a good standard i could potentially obtain a mortgage?

Thank you for your advice
Foggy
Forum Expert
by Foggy » Fri May 05, 2017 11:55 am
I am surprised it doesn't show on your credit records -- it should be there for 6 years from the start. Have yoiu checked all three agencies, and are you relying on the free online reports, or have you obtained statutory reports ( £2 a time) ? My IVA didn't show up at all on one of my online reports, but was there on the statutory report that particular online report provider was driven by!

Mortgage wise what is acceptable will always depend upon the individual criteria applied by each lender --- some will lend right away, some will never lend !! With an IVA in your past, I would still advise you seek the services of a whole of market broker with experience in adverse credit, such as Ryan and / or Shaun, who both post on here. You can find their details under the "Quick Links" tab ( top left) and "The Team" on the drop down ---- they will be in yellow.
Ryan
Industry Expert
by Ryan » Fri May 05, 2017 11:56 am
Hi Carly,

Realistically where Mortgages are concerned, unless you have access to a very large deposit, you would be looking at 2018 as being the earliest that you could look to obtain one - 6 years after the IVA began.

Feel free to contact us in this regard though.
carly437
by carly437 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:57 pm
Thank you both for your help and advice
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”