Creditor Meeting query

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Johng79
by Johng79 » Sat May 06, 2017 2:25 pm
I was advised to ring in around 10am (time of meeting) on fri 19th may. Out of curiosity what is deadline for votes? Eg at what stage do they know votes received & outcome? Are you on tenterhooks for hours?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat May 06, 2017 2:36 pm
You should not be on tenterhooks for hours - votes are usually in before the date. You should know shortly after the time of the meeting.
moira717
by moira717 » Sat May 06, 2017 2:38 pm
They rang me an he after meeting. Any late votes were not accepted. I spring cleaned the kitchen, day of mine!
Johng79
by Johng79 » Sat May 06, 2017 2:44 pm
Ah ok just read some people saying meeting was in morning but didnt get call til afternoon with result. Not sure what to do that day as i doubt il sleep much night before lol.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat May 06, 2017 2:49 pm
You just have to take a deep breath and find something to occupy yourself with. At least your meeting is in the morning - mine was afternoon and I had a phone call about fifteen minutes afterwards.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat May 06, 2017 3:08 pm
Usually the call comes shortly after the meeting time --- sometimes they will go to lunch first !! If the votes are a definite "Yes" you will hear pretty soon. If they are a "No" and there are some crediotrs who didn't vote, but could swing it, they will be canvassed, which might mean an adjournment.
moira717
by moira717 » Sat May 06, 2017 3:28 pm
I had several large glasses of wine the night before!! :D
moira717
by moira717 » Sat May 06, 2017 6:31 pm
My iva only accepted last month and know what the waiting time is like. I was so desperate to get it accepted as it was my last hope. Like you I had many sleepless nights. Am sure yours will be accepted. By just seeking help you are on the right path. I was in a very dark place a few months ago, now a sense of relief that I have finally sorted things. :D
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon May 08, 2017 2:50 pm
They can vote anytime during the meeting so if by proxy will need to vote by start of meeting.

Creditors rarely physically attend meetings but could do if they wanted to.

Your IP should know the result by about 5 minutes past if nobody turns up...
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”