IVA finished in 2012, file still shows IVA on my name. Can i sue them?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
sabina
by sabina » Sun May 07, 2017 2:30 pm
My IVA started in 2006 and was finished in 2012. I am aware it will stay on your file for some length. However It is now 2017 and it's still there. I've informed all the necessary credit agencies. And it's ruining my life. Is it possible to sue them?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun May 07, 2017 2:37 pm
Is it showing as "Active" or "Completed" ? Is it still on the Insolvency Register ? Did you ever get a completion certificate from your former IP ?

No, you can't sue them, but you can insist that they correct the information they hold --- however, they will require convincing --- maybe a copy of your completion certificate.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun May 07, 2017 4:30 pm
Agree with Foggy - make sure you have all the relevant paperwork and get in touch.
sabina
by sabina » Mon May 08, 2017 8:34 am
Thanks for your reply
Yes certificates have been sent out to all agencies.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:32 am
You can file a notice of correction on each relevant agency and also send a copy of your completion via recorded delivery so it can be removed. Did you check the Insolvency Register to see if you are still on there?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon May 08, 2017 11:23 am
Rather than filing a Notice of Correction, I would get the entries removed if the Agencies will (as they should) co-operate. If there is any undue delay, then go ahead and file a NoC.

I say this because the NoC never gets automatically removed and, if you forget to ask for its removal, many years down the line it will still be there reminding everyone of the IVA which by then would, hopefully, have disappeared.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:45 am
Sorry Foggy - didn't realise that.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”