If you are facing message posting problem, please clear your browser cache and cookies. For further assistance and any login problem, please contact us here: https://www.iva.co.uk/contact

So stressed!!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
25 posts Page 1 of 2
Johng79
by Johng79 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:18 am
As you know im currently awaiting creditor meeting next friday. Not sleeping feeling unwell etc worrying about how my credit history is going to haunt me. Over the years during applications etc im sure i was flexible with truth re. Other credit i had. Have visions of iva rejection, then court cases being taken against me, losing job etc. Feel sick with worry. Second i wake each morning covered in sweat, its in my head. Not sure i will make next friday.....
Foggy
Forum Expert
by Foggy » Tue May 09, 2017 7:00 am
John --- you are WAY overthinking things ! The vast majority of arrangements are accepted --- focus on that.
Johng79
by Johng79 » Tue May 09, 2017 7:01 am
cant help thinking im going to lose everything
kallis3
Forum Expert
by kallis3 » Tue May 09, 2017 7:43 am
Be positive John - you are not going to lose everything and your application would not be going forward unless your IP thought it stood a good chance of being accepted.
Johng79
by Johng79 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:04 am
Driving wife insane. Heads fried
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
by Michael Peoples » Tue May 09, 2017 8:05 am
Not far to go and try and relax. Enjoy the good weather and as Foggy says most IVAs are accepted anyway.
Johng79
by Johng79 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:10 am
Just really worried about comeback due to information provided in my applications, once they see mess finances are in via proposal
kallis3
Forum Expert
by kallis3 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:11 am
You should try and calm down - easy for me to say but we have all been there and I always say that things can only get better.
kallis3
Forum Expert
by kallis3 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:12 am
All of us were in a mess so no worries there. Creditors are used to this.
Slekclarke
by Slekclarke » Tue May 09, 2017 8:26 am
Hey, try not to worry too much, 4 years ago I was in the same boat. I owed around £36k on credit cards, loans and overdraft, had buried my head in the sand for so long. I was worried the creditors wouldn't agree but they did and 4 years on I am just entering my last year or albeit I probably have to do one more as I have doubt I get an equity release. I looked upon it as taking out a loan over 6 years.

Creditor's look at an IVA as getting some of their money back, it's better than than the alternative for them. Stop thinking negative and try and relax between now and next Friday.
Denise.8
by Denise.8 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:50 am
I was as bad for sure, kept my curtains shut for over a month and unplugged my phone, Just get through the day then the same tomorrow, I thought I was the only person in the world whose finances were such an awful mess... I wasn't , you will sleep when it's accepted. Ip's don't waste their time on proposals that are doomed to failure. keep reading the forum and stay strong
moira717
by moira717 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:12 am
I really feel for you. Mine only accepted recently and much lower return you are offering. I had been through years of stress and worry (and hid it all from my husband and family). Took me 2 years to pluck up courage to apply for iva. Don't know how many times I started filling in on line forms then didn't go any further. I don't think you alone in stretching the truth. Desperate measures etc. When you are so deep in debt think we all probably exaggerated a bit to obtain further credit to get out of a whole. As foggy said , you are over thinking. However I was in same boat last month having the same worries. I hadn't slept in years, I thought about money from time I woke until the odd hour I slept. I knew if my iva was not accepted I would be paying a dump for the rest of my life. I am sure your iva will be accepted but more importantly you have seeked help and are doing something positive about your situation. This time last year my life was such a mess, I knew another holiday and Christmas would break me;and it did. I had to reach rock bottom to make me realize I couldn't go on. I had read mixed reviews about iva s however for me (although in early days) it has given me my life back. I feel positive and in control. I have been keeping monthly expenditure sheets and am actually enjoying living to a budget! It has made me re evaluate my life and I am now appreciative of the simple things in life. This site has helped me so much, when I first applied for my iva I had told no one yet I could speak to people here who knew exactly what I was going through and advise me along the way. I wish you all the best and I know will be seeing a positive post next Friday!! :D :D :D
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
by Lisa Thomas » Tue May 09, 2017 11:36 am
Your Nominee would not have been able to recommend your IVA is accepted to creditors if they didn't feel it had a good chance of being accepted, implemented and successfully achieved.
Johng79
by Johng79 » Tue May 09, 2017 11:43 am
thanks lisa. Its moreso the stupidity over the years in getting credit by leaving stuff out during applications. Just worried now creditors see full extent, then iva be least of my concerns.
doritos
by doritos » Tue May 09, 2017 12:04 pm
As has been previously mentioned, it wouldn't be at meeting stage if the proposal was no good.

For the creditors its the only way they are going to see any cash back, 99% of them won;y be fussed how you got there, remember you have a bunch if them and each one is out for themselves, but they have to all accept that they are bundled up thats how it works, and they are ok with that.

When I got my IVA process going I was on the hook for over £150K (a good chunk of that was business debt, in joint and several accounts, so they go after anyone who has their name on the paperwork)

They accepted under 40p/£ and they were happy with that.

Important thing is not to worry about it too much, yeah its a stressful time, but don;t let it consume you, this is run of the mill stuff for the IP / banks, they aren't worrying ab out it too much..
25 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”