New Debt on our Annual report CF ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
harrysmummy78
by harrysmummy78 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:04 am
I decided to get all my paperwork out yesterday as I am being made redundant and I am finding it hard to get someone at CF to discuss this with me and keep being told it can take 14 days just for a response! anyway I noticed that on my current Annual report issued in Feb that our Debt had increased my from 31k to 34k and there appeared to be one additional creditor there we now have 9 on original paperwork only 8? I spent over an hour querying this yesterday and was told the debt had increased due to us paying higher monthly payments than when we went into the IVA. I said this would not have any impact on the level of debt and I just felt fobbed off.

Anyway there was a reference number against this new creditor so I called them direct, gave them our names and they said the debt was in my husbands name so I put him on the phone the debt was indeed under his name but when they tried to take him through the data protection the debt was a completely different address and a different date of birth to my husband???? they said I think your IVA provider have made a mistake but what is worrying me more we have paid about £600 towards this debt.I called CF back and she just said that the company must have sent proof of the debt but this is not in our address or my husbands date of birth.

I haven't had any real issues up to now with CF and all has gone smooth but now I feel like it is all going to fall apart feel sick with worry :? :(
recovering
by recovering » Wed May 10, 2017 9:19 am
I'm no expert but from what you have said it's creditfix' mistake so they need to sort. you have done nothing wrong so I don't see how your IVA can unravel. I understand your frustration with them, do you have a caseworker? mind you mine has gone silent this last month! I am trying to get confirmation of uplift and the date of my last payment. Try not to panic you have done nothing wrong!
recovering
by recovering » Wed May 10, 2017 9:21 am
paying more increases debt????? that would be hilarious if it wasn't so scary!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed May 10, 2017 9:29 am
I would contact CF again and insist on speaking to the IP or a senior manager. If this failes ( and don't get fobbed off with 14 days to respond) lodge a formal complaint, which you will then be able to escalate to a complaint to their regulatory body via the Government Gateway, if need be.

It sounds like the call handler doesn't know what is going on and you need a specific response based on the actual facts rather than a call handler guessing.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Wed May 10, 2017 9:30 am
If this debt was incorrectly accepted then it is an issue between the creditor and the IP unless of course you are repaying in full. If that is the case you certainly do not want to be paying someone else's debts.

Write to your IP and explain what you have said here and give details of the telephone conversation. It sounds like a silly mistake on the part of the creditor more than the IP but the explanation given made no sense at all.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed May 10, 2017 4:01 pm
I agree - write to the IP and tell them you believe they have received a creditor claim, which does not relate to you, or your IVA estate and they need to investigate and reject the claim..
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”