IVA completed but not received certificate & PPI paid directly

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
mausheen
by mausheen » Wed May 10, 2017 3:06 pm
Hi, I have completed my IVA in September 2016, 2.5 years into my Plan but i have not yet received my certificate or chairman's report. PPI claim was paid directly to them on 4 May, please can anyone explain to me why it was paid? The company advised that I am entitled to take the money as I still have creditors to reach.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed May 10, 2017 3:35 pm
Hi,

Not sure what you mean about still having creditors to reach - is it to do with PPI? Unless you have settled 100p in the pound plus fees I'm afraid PPI is due to be paid across to your creditors.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed May 10, 2017 3:36 pm
Hi -- having completed an IVA you should have no unsecured creditors requiring payment. PPI, as things currently stand, are an asset of the IVA and payable into the IVA estate even after completion. However, it seems that your IP has been witholding completion pending the outcome of PPI investigations -- in which case you are still in an IVA!

Have you checked the Insolvency Register to see if you are still on it ? It could be that the certificate has been lost in the post, if it has, indeed, been issued.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed May 10, 2017 4:03 pm
I agree with Foggy - I would guess the IP may have kept your IVA open to collect the PPI and your IVA is not therefore closed.

Write to them and ask them for an update and when you can expect to receive your CC.

You can check the register here:

http://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/eiir/
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”