proposal sent last week, letter today a creditor offering to 1/2 the minimum payment

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
36 posts Page 3 of 3
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu May 18, 2017 10:15 am
Oh -- and a work around is that they simlpy allow the 4% in your allowances and the slight amount needed over this amount will have to come from your other agreed allowances. So, technically, the creditors are funding 4% and you are funding the rest by getting baked beans from Lidl instead of Waitrose :-)
Johng79
by Johng79 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:24 am
The guy at mccambridge duffy telling me to send proof within month of 4% minimum contribution or that i bring figure down to 4% and pay the additional into iva? The iva proposal was based on take home pay, not gross before pension tax & nat insurance deducted?

John
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Thu May 18, 2017 10:33 am
You are worrying unduly. The modification says that if you are a member of an employer scheme then you must pay the minimum payment to remain in the scheme and thus not pay an additional voluntary contributions or AVCs. If you are contributing to any other type of pension scheme the payments are capped at 4%.

What usually happens is we receive confirmation from our clients of the type of scheme they are in which covers the modification so if you are in the Civil Service you have nothing to worry about. We have members of the police paying much larger percentage payments but as these payments are minimum requirements for the scheme the payments are completely acceptable.

I hope this makes sense and looks like everything is going through smoothly enough. If you need to contact me call the office and they will put you through.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu May 18, 2017 10:33 am
Johng79 wrote:
The guy at mccambridge duffy telling me to send proof within month of 4% minimum contribution or that i bring figure down to 4% and pay the additional into iva? The iva proposal was based on take home pay, not gross before pension tax & nat insurance deducted?

John

MyCSP should have scheme pamphlets on line you can download and send across --- but simplest is as I said in my earlier post (4% agreed allowance and balance from household allowance).
Johng79
by Johng79 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:02 am
Cheers guys,

Much appreciated. Great chatting to you there michael. Now at 65/66 % acceptance.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Thu May 18, 2017 12:01 pm
Looking very good.
36 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”