Full and final offer 5 years up sept

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
24 posts Page 2 of 2
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri May 12, 2017 7:16 pm
The equity calculation method Michael used is that used by most IP's. However, there are a few turning up using a different, less favourable, method. Do check your paperwork for any indication of which method your IP uses.
Steeddie
by Steeddie » Sat May 13, 2017 12:40 pm
UPDATE...
Spoken to Harrington brooks yesterday and the have sent me out the forms.
Received the today didn't realise that I need bank statements, ID, letters and prove they can pay, to prove where the money is comming from I can't ask my pearents for that info

The worry is no one knows about this IVA and my Finacial situation I have just asked my pearents to lend me some money to help me out which they have agreed. I don't want to tell them about this or them have to prove there Finacial situation.

I'm a bit stuck don't know where to turn thought they could transfer me the money and I pay it to IVA to Full and final offer.

Just when I seen light at the end of the tunnel.
What options do I have please.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat May 13, 2017 12:57 pm
The IP needs that into for money laundering rules, as well as, obviously, confirming that the money isn't yours in the first place.
Maybe someone can come up with a work around .. I will have a think .......
Steeddie
by Steeddie » Sat May 13, 2017 12:59 pm
Foggy wrote:
The IP needs that into for money laundering rules, as well as, obviously, confirming that the money isn't yours in the first place.
Maybe someone can come up with a work around .. I will have a think .......

Wonderful thank you :)
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon May 15, 2017 10:17 am
Is there any reason why your parent won't provide their bank statement to prove the funds are coming from their account?

They are offering to help you with the lump sum - this is just what is needed to get it sorted.

They could always mark out any personal transaction they don't want the IP to see...
Steeddie
by Steeddie » Mon May 15, 2017 2:20 pm
Lisa Thomas wrote:
Is there any reason why your parent won't provide their bank statement to prove the funds are coming from their account?

They are offering to help you with the lump sum - this is just what is needed to get it sorted.

They could always mark out any personal transaction they don't want the IP to see...

I wasn't telling them why I wanted the money they dont know about the IVA
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon May 15, 2017 3:04 pm
Always best to be honest - especially as this needs to be deemed as a gift so they will not be able to legally pursue you for repayment in the future so they should be made aware of this.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Mon May 15, 2017 3:20 pm
All you can do is explain this to your IP and it can be mentioned in the variation. If your IP gives approval you could borrow the money from your parents, show the evidence and if the variation is rejected you could then just return the money.
Steeddie
by Steeddie » Tue May 16, 2017 9:56 am
Michael Peoples wrote:
All you can do is explain this to your IP and it can be mentioned in the variation. If your IP gives approval you could borrow the money from your parents, show the evidence and if the variation is rejected you could then just return the money.

I will have a word with Harrington brooks ASAP.
thanks for your advice
24 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”