Getting back maintenance payment from iva payments

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
anna911
by anna911 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:18 pm
Hey, I have an Iva arrangement set up, today I had a refund sent through PayPal for something I bought before the IVA was set up - the money went instantly to the NatWest card which is part of the IVA.

It's been closed for a couple of months, I've already had a maintenance payment disappear to this account - Im assuming they just take it towards the total debt despite the monthly payments in making? Do I have anyway of getting it back?
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Thu May 11, 2017 11:44 pm
Very unlikely I am afraid. You need to amend your paypal account settings to remove the old account and add your new one to avoid this happening again.
With regards to maintenance payments I imagine you already have given the new account details - if you have kept evidence of this change of detail you could go through the complaints procedure and seek reimbursement.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri May 12, 2017 6:52 am
In theory the bank should not keep this money to offset -- however, in practice, you will find it difficult to get it back. You could inform your IP and he might adjust payments to the bank to balance this out, but the money will still not end up in your pocket.

Likewise the maintenance payment should be refunded and you should, at least, chase this up. Again, your IP might be able to assist.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Fri May 12, 2017 12:24 pm
NatWest may actually return this money to your PayPal account so worth having a word with them. They cannot keep it.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”