Schedule iii of IVA Proposal is Creditor included?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Waitingforship
by Waitingforship » Tue May 23, 2017 8:55 pm
Hi. Whilst looking at Call Credit through the Noddle interface and one of the other CRA. I see all my creditors there with correct default dates except one, Cahoots. They show my account as closed. I have dug a little deeper and looked at the payment history going back to 2012 and no defaults. Account was then marked as settled in 2015 which is only 3 years. This got me worrying as to whether they were included in my IVA properly. So I dug out paperwork and they are listed on my schedule iii. However there are several columns on the schedule iii but I'm not 100% sure what they mean I.e.

SOA , CLAIM, ACCEPTED, PROPOSED DIVIDEND, PROPOSED RESERVE and TOTAL CUMULATIVE RESERVE

All the creditors except CAHOOT have figures in the claim and accepted column. CAHOOT also have 0.00 shown in the proposed dividend column and £47.94 in the proposed reserve and the same in the total cumulative reserve.

Are they included in my IVA?

If so is it worth me contacting them now to say they should mark my account in default from the date of the creditors meeting. I have 18 months left to run but don't want to have loads to sort out once this is finally up.

I have visions now of finding out they're not included and still owing them money upon successful conclusion of IVA

I probably should have looked at this much sooner but I have just knuckled down and got on with things. It is only recently I have started feeling good about the IVA and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. So apologies for all the questions.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Wed May 24, 2017 6:06 am
Let your IP deal with it for you - it might be they have not yet submitted their claim. Your IP is there to support you as well as work with your creditors.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed May 24, 2017 6:51 am
If they are listed they are included -- but check with your IP as to the current position. Unfortunately, as far as I am aware, creditors do not have to list you as defaulted at all, but at least they have marked the account as settled. So, you will have a settled account showing for a while, rather than a defaulted one.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed May 24, 2017 8:21 am
It sounds as if they hadn't submitted a claim so your IP reserved funds for a dividend to them on the basis a claim would be submitted at a future date. Regardless the debt is/was included in your IVA so shouldn't affect you.
Waitingforship
by Waitingforship » Wed May 24, 2017 10:32 am
Thanks All that's a little reassuring
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”