If you are facing message posting problem, please clear your browser cache and cookies. For further assistance and any login problem, please contact us here: https://www.iva.co.uk/contact

Scared of going bankrupt and can't cope with this anymore

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Lloyd.c
by Lloyd.c » Mon May 29, 2017 5:24 pm
I've been on an Iva now for 4years with a company in November 2016 my wife lost her job then I lost mine. I applied for a payment break then I managed to get work again. I sent my Iva company several emails to get a repayments started but it took them nearly 2months to get back to me now I'm in breach a meeting with my creditors is being organised. I've been paying back for a month now. I'm worried now my Iva will collapse after all the years I've paid in. My creditors may opt for an extension on my Iva. What can I do as I'm in bits and scared of going bankrupt I've worked so hard and now I feel like I'm losing everything i can't cope with this anymore it's so unfair that I've got no control and someone could end my financial life
kallis3
Forum Expert
by kallis3 » Mon May 29, 2017 6:04 pm
Hi,

Please speak to your company asap and see if anything can be salvaged.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
by Michael Peoples » Tue May 30, 2017 8:37 am
You may be in breach but that does not mean creditors will seek your bankruptcy. You have done everything right and I would expect an extension will be requested to cover the payment break.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
by Lisa Thomas » Tue May 30, 2017 8:59 am
See if the IVA can be salvaged but if not, depending on your circumstances, Bankruptcy may actually be beneficial to you.

Have a look here for some brief guidance.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=mAkQsVSCnqo
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”