IVA payment increased after annual review because wrong clerical data

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
debbie626
by debbie626 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:06 pm
hi im in a iva being paying it for the last 12months they have just done the annual accounts and have now put my payments up from £69 a month to 134.41 a month. I have told them my out going and when i have checked the forms they have either not put the right amount in or have not put things down that i have told them eg school dinner for two children 12 each x 2 a month £92.00 they have put £50 also they have included my daughters DLA. Can they do this? i need this money for her incon pads extra underwear i pay for rest bite all of this they have not included even though i have put it down on the forms. Please help.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:07 pm
Hi,

You need to get them to look at your I&E again. Which company are you with?
debbie626
by debbie626 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:46 am
im with vanguard it looks like they have manipulated the figures so lat i have more money left at the end of the month just so they can put it up they have missed things off like mey husbands maintainace to his daughter R A C monthly payments put petrol down for 100 a month even though they know my husband works for himself as a joiner and hes has to travel quiet a distance for work and we also have a disabled daughter we use the car for it seems everything i have put down they have knocked it down a bit or they havent put in on the expensive form my husbands wages go up and down according to how much work he has on some weeks we have now work how do they expect you to pay when you have no work coming in my husband is not aware that i have a i v a as all of the debts were mine how do i expain where 140 pound is going he only gives me house keeping money if he earns any extra he tries to spend it replacing and the up keep of is tools
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:49 am
You do need to get a new one done - as regards your daughter, have you thought of applying for a motability car?
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Wed May 31, 2017 8:13 am
You need to speak again to your IP and ask for a review. DLA for a child is normally excluded for IVA purposes and your husband's income may also be overestimated. A copy of his last tax return or accounts could help the review if he was prepared to release this information.
debbie626
by debbie626 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:56 am
spoke to them this morning they have said the amounts show are the max allowed eg school dinners 50 instead of 92 a month that i put down they are going to look at the petrol allowence to see if they can increase it as my husband has to travel all over the country for his work there was a couple of thing that they need docouments for thing like the home insurane the r a c and things like the council tax and water bill increases its a bit extra a month that needs in come off they said you need a paper trail for the things you have to pay out they never said any off this when they talk you into taking a i v a on could nt do enough to get you to sign they never said it would go up this much they lead you to beleive that 80 percent of the debt would go and you will be paying 80 a month all worries go now they are telling you that its going to go up might of well gone bankrupt one off payment
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:27 am
If you can get a motability car then all costs are covered.
redboxtree
by redboxtree » Wed May 31, 2017 10:19 am
It appears that the DLA for your child is effectively funding the IVA.

The difficulty for the IVA company is that if your husband is not aware of the IVA they will have to make certain assumptions about what your income and expenditure is.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:17 pm
Regarding them needing a paper trail, they do need to make a full assessment of your finances and cannot simply take your word for it. As mentioned above, without full information from your husband they then have to make assumptions. That said, they are remiss in sticking to guidelines -- these are exactly that ...GUIDElines. If you can prove higher expenditure on specific items then the figures can be increased, if justified.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”