F&F accepted 7 weeks ago & no meeting called till now. Too early to complain?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Kim.mc
by Kim.mc » Thu May 25, 2017 7:34 pm
My husband made a F&F offer in March which was approved by his IP. He has still not received any paperwork, nor has it moved forward despite weekly emails to his case officer.
He is with Payplan... it seems a long time as
When I made a F&F offer on mine, my creditors meeting was called within 6 weeks.
At a loss on what to do to hurry them along... any advice ??
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu May 25, 2017 7:56 pm
I am afraid that this is Payplan's normal speed these days and they seem impervious to being jogged along any faster --- ridiculous but that is how they now operate.
Kazza
by Kazza » Thu May 25, 2017 8:06 pm
I can vouch for that... we made our offer 14th April, proposal came through 1st July and actual creditors meeting 16th August. So 4 months in total. I know that won't feel you with joy, but it seems things haven't changed at Payplan. But as you can see it worked for us - keep in there. Good luck :D
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Fri May 26, 2017 4:01 am
Unfair but unfirtunately little you can do to speed Payplan up
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue May 30, 2017 8:27 am
Send them a written complaint by registered post- they have 21 days to call the meeting of creditors giving at least 14 days notice so once they had all the necessary info the variaiton meeting should have been held and a decision made within 5-6 weeks.

If the complaint is not dealt with properly you can complain further here:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
Kim.mc
by Kim.mc » Wed May 31, 2017 1:12 pm
Over 7 weeks ago my husbands IP ACCEPTED HIS F&F OFFER to put to his creditors... since then nothing, despite weekly emails to his case officer.
When I put my F&F offer to my IP it took a month for my variation meeting to be called. And within 2months of that, I had had my variation meeting
Getting a bit fed up now as he just keeps being told it's in the hands of the variation them . They have had all paperwork they requested do we can't understand why it's taking so long
Is it too early to complain ? Or should we email our IP directly ?
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Wed May 31, 2017 1:24 pm
It is not too early to complain as your IP may be in breach of the terms and conditions. These usually state that a variation must be called within 21 days of a written request so email the IP directly and tell them you are now making a formal complaint.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:09 am
I agree with Michael - make a written complaint and if not dealt with satisfactorily he can also complain here:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:49 pm
Your husband wouldn't be with Payplan by any chance ? They invariable take forever to complete the simplest of tasks these days and work to their own timetable despite any agreed obligations on their part. Payplan or not, you should complain.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”