Received a notice of breach about our iva. Help.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Lorna.l
by Lorna.l » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:45 pm
I have just received a notice of breach about our iva which is 4 years standing.
This is from a debt collection agency who have told IVA that we owe a certain amount more than was originally stated.
How can they ask for this money after all this time?
Please advice.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:25 pm
Was the original debt declared by you in your IVA proposals?

How much more is the purported debt from the amount you disclosed originally?
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:21 pm
The breach can be rectified if this was a genuine error. At worst the IVA can be extended by a few moths so the dividend is not affected but this may not even need to be done.
Lorna.l
by Lorna.l » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:52 am
The company is called Max recovery and they want about £2000.
I looked at original agreement and they were not named but a year later I saw their name and 3 references. But the IVA were 'awaiting evidence' and looking through another annual report they still are.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:23 pm
Max could well have purchased one or more of your debts which the IP has mistakenly attributed the whole claim (say 3 debts Max is claiming in one lump) to one of the debts bought ( if Max used only one of the reference numbers, for instance). Difficult to explain -- but I am sure a bit of digging by your IP should get the matter sorted, if you speak to him / her.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:12 am
I agree that more work is required to understand this as it sounds as if Max were never the original creditor so would not have been listed. Check with the IP what the debt actually relates to and try and sort it out with them.

I'm surprised if they have gone straight to a breach notice without checking this with you first...
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”