The obligations are as follows:
I need to accept the the amendment of Terms and conditions, that is accepting 2014 IVA protocol amendment and once I have agreed to that then I can complete deed of assignment to pass any future PPI gains to the creditors. Otherwise DFD says there is little they can do accelerate the closure of IVA. (I don't know what exactly they mean by that). I had rung them twice and rejected this amendment when they were sent to me as it included secured loan clause for equity release in last year of IVA. My suspicions were right as during equity release their approved brokers select partnership tried to get me to take secured loan of 20 years at frightening interest rates and his grounds were that I had signed up to amended terms of IVA protocol 2014 to which I responded I had not. Subsequently I complained to DFD and my IVA was extended by a year in lieu of equity release. Hence I am very cautious of any correspondence from DFD at this stage.
However to turn to the question and the way I read this is that I am being told sign up to amended terms and deed of assignment(jointly) to speed up to close the IVA or else closure will be delayed. Can they legally do this? and delay the closure . As I feel it would be very unethical of my IP despite me paying everything to put my IVA on hold to get me to accept amended terms which were not there at the inception of IVA. I feel i am being punished and threatened with my IVA being not completed (I would also like to know what are the implications of this) if I don't sign up to amended terms.
Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
You can reject the amended terms but complete the deed of assignment.
Unfortunately DFD can be a pain - they will take the maximum possible time (6 months) to issue your completion certificate so you may have to nag at them,
Who is onlineUsers browsing this forum: kallis3 and 8 guests
Ask the IVA Experts a QuestionSimply complete form and you will get an answer from our IVA Experts (multiple replies within an hour *)
* Any use of this forum is conditional on you having read and agreed to our terms and conditions.
* If you enter your phone number, Vincent Bond and Co Ltd will give you a courtesy call to ensure that your question has been answered.
* The question will be posted on our forum, we will email you the location