If you are facing message posting problem, please clear your browser cache and cookies. For further assistance and any login problem, please contact us here: https://www.iva.co.uk/contact

Payment Break

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
sosilly
by sosilly » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:53 pm
Hi

Do you have to have a good reason to request a 1 month payment break? Does it have to be for things like boilers repair costs or car repair costs.

I am going abroad with work shortly and the hotel requires a security deposit of 100 dollars per night on credit or debit card which you get back when you check out providing no damage. I will be away for 4 nights. I don't have a credit card for work purposes and definitely not for personal purposes so I would need to use my debit card but its over the period when my IVA payment was due and I wondered if it would be agreed if I could have a 1 month payment break for this purpose.

Thanks
sosilly
Foggy
Forum Expert
by Foggy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:15 pm
A break is down to the IP's discretion and can be for many purposes -- you will have to explain to him / her and see if he/ she will agree --- maybe, rather than a break ( wghich would be added on at the end, they will agree to accept the normal payment a couple of weeks late ( assuming you don't trash the room !! ).
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”