Is it too early to start getting annoyed?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Amy.01
by Amy.01 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:47 am
Hi everyone, me again ! . So as i stated before our full and final offer was excepted on 20th april and the person who chaired the meeting said we would receive our completion certificate within 5/6 weeks .this was also stated in a letter sent to us but alas can i find the flippin letter now nope ! Anyway we are now coming up to 7 weeks and still no further forward recieving it . We had a modification because a creditor wanted the report within 7 days and the money was paid over the following day .we dont need to do an income or expenditure because we compleated on in January and put our f&f forward in February. So should be a strait forward close is it too early to start getting annoyed ? Thanks .
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:32 am
No it's not too early.

Send a written request for an update by registered post and mention you are considering making a formal complaint.

If its still not dealt with make a formal complaint following your IP firms complaint procedure and after that complain here:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner

Best of luck.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:45 am
I agree with Lisa -- although, despite their promises in the letter, they will fall back on the "6 month administration period" usually built into arrangements. However, many firms complete within a few weeks, so it can be done. A couple of months is more normal, but some still, for some reason, stretch it out for months :-(
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:52 pm
Does seem very unfair however we have had Easter plus two bank holidays .... I would probably give them.this week then start pestering, writing and calling. As foggy suggests they may revert to the 6 months closure period so assert your disappointment carefully would be my suggestion.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”