If you are facing message posting problem, please clear your browser cache and cookies. For further assistance and any login problem, please contact us here: https://www.iva.co.uk/contact

F&F offer submitted to CF

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
14 posts Page 1 of 1
User avatar
harrysmummy78
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:11 pm
by harrysmummy78 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:34 pm
I have been made redundant and have put forward a F&F offer via my Mum to CF, has anybody got experience specifically with CF and tell me how long the process took with them? also if the offer is rejected can another offer be put forward or can the creditors fail the IVA'S?

Also what happens with PPI ect as ours is still ongoing with allay
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 22375
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
by Foggy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:58 pm
A variation should be drafted within 21 days, then the creditors have to be given 21 or 28 days notice --- however, some firms take longer. PPI should be dealt with, as and when, under a Deed of Assignment.
User avatar
harrysmummy78
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:11 pm
by harrysmummy78 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:07 pm
Foggy wrote:
A variation should be drafted within 21 days, then the creditors have to be given 21 or 28 days notice --- however, some firms take longer. PPI should be dealt with, as and when, under a Deed of Assignment.


Foggy the Deed of Assignment does this refer just to the PPI or any other windfalls as well? the reason I ask is the PPI firm have written to us to say it could take another 2 years for our PPI claim to be finalised which I feel is a very long time!! would this mean if I was to come in to any other windfall (not that I am expecting to) would this also be taken? after a completion certificate is received.
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 22375
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
by Foggy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:17 pm
harrysmummy78 wrote:
Foggy wrote:
A variation should be drafted within 21 days, then the creditors have to be given 21 or 28 days notice --- however, some firms take longer. PPI should be dealt with, as and when, under a Deed of Assignment.


Foggy the Deed of Assignment does this refer just to the PPI or any other windfalls as well? the reason I ask is the PPI firm have written to us to say it could take another 2 years for our PPI claim to be finalised which I feel is a very long time!! would this mean if I was to come in to any other windfall (not that I am expecting to) would this also be taken? after a completion certificate is received.



Only PPI and similar survive the completion certificate as this was an asset during the IVA ---- if you win the lottery or Great Aunt Matilda leaves you her millions AFTER the date of issue of the certificate it is all yours.
User avatar
harrysmummy78
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:11 pm
by harrysmummy78 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:31 pm
Thanks Foggy helpful as ever :D

I just hope the communication with them starts to improve as it is stressful at best trying to get replies from them!! I have just read they now have an office in Mauritius which could be why the customer service team in Glasgow will never transfer you to speak to a case officer. :?
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 22375
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
by Foggy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:41 pm
harrysmummy78 wrote:
Thanks Foggy helpful as ever :D

I just hope the communication with them starts to improve as it is stressful at best trying to get replies from them!! I have just read they now have an office in Mauritius which could be why the customer service team in Glasgow will never transfer you to speak to a case officer. :?


To be honest, communication is their biggest failing.

Office in Mauritius ?? I am guessing that is where the CEO lives and there are massive tax advantages to be had !!!!
User avatar
harrysmummy78
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:11 pm
by harrysmummy78 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:28 am
Well to my surprise, I received an email from CF at 6am this morning which I think confirms this is being dealt with overseas, My Mum only emailed with the offer yesterday and they have confirmed a Creditors meeting has been called for the 6th July!!

is this normal for this to happen so fast?
User avatar
ridingthestorm
Posts: 200
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:30 am
by ridingthestorm » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:43 am
Morning,

Yes ! My creditors meeting was also scheduled very quickly with CF and they emailed me pretty much straight away after the meeting to give me the great new :-)

And they emailed me Thursday from the closures department to give me an update on how things are progressing and that they were sending out my Certificate etc on Monday :-)

All In all a very swift transition....... Well done CF !

Good luck harrysmum
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 22375
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
by Foggy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:01 am
ridingthestorm wrote:
Morning,

Yes ! My creditors meeting was also scheduled very quickly with CF and they emailed me pretty much straight away after the meeting to give me the great new :-)

And they emailed me Thursday from the closures department to give me an update on how things are progressing and that they were sending out my Certificate etc on Monday :-)

All In all a very swift transition....... Well done CF !

Good luck harrysmum



Great news -- well done !!
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 22375
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
by Foggy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:02 am
harrysmummy78 wrote:
Well to my surprise, I received an email from CF at 6am this morning which I think confirms this is being dealt with overseas, My Mum only emailed with the offer yesterday and they have confirmed a Creditors meeting has been called for the 6th July!!

is this normal for this to happen so fast?


Wow -- from recent experience it does seem that, once they do get their skates on they go ! It is just a matter of finding those skates ! Fingers crossed :-)
User avatar
harrysmummy78
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:11 pm
by harrysmummy78 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:07 am
ridingthestorm wrote:
Morning,

Yes ! My creditors meeting was also scheduled very quickly with CF and they emailed me pretty much straight away after the meeting to give me the great new :-)

And they emailed me Thursday from the closures department to give me an update on how things are progressing and that they were sending out my Certificate etc on Monday :-)

All In all a very swift transition....... Well done CF !

Good luck harrysmum


Ah Well done ridingthestorm :lol: massive relief for you I am sure!

I am very worried about it all to be honest I do not really understand the figures that are being put forward and I just hope I have been advised correctly, The meeting will happen before I have finished working my redundancy notice.. back to the pre-IVA nerves now :(
User avatar
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Posts: 5543
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:26 am
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:13 am
Your offer should have been based on the number of contributions you had left to pad had the IVA continued in the normal way to the end.

i.2 2 years of contributions at £100 per month would have been £2,400 and this would have been your starting figure.

Who has been advising you on the F&F?
User avatar
harrysmummy78
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:11 pm
by harrysmummy78 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:21 am
Thanks Lisa
Last edited by harrysmummy78 on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Rankin
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:19 am
by David Rankin » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:23 am
Foggy wrote:
harrysmummy78 wrote:
Thanks Foggy helpful as ever :D

I just hope the communication with them starts to improve as it is stressful at best trying to get replies from them!! I have just read they now have an office in Mauritius which could be why the customer service team in Glasgow will never transfer you to speak to a case officer. :?


To be honest, communication is their biggest failing.

Office in Mauritius ?? I am guessing that is where the CEO lives and there are massive tax advantages to be had !!!!


For the avoidance of doubt the CEO of Creditfix does not live in Mauritius.
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests