- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:43 pm
Just a quick question re IVA's and the credit file and similar names. Long story short, my mum and dad are looking at an IVA but my dad, me and my brother all have the same starting initial - L - and me and my dad share the same date and month of birth, obviously just a different year but bang on 30 years apart, however my full name and my dad's are completely different.
They have gone to an IVA agency who have sent through the fact finding stuff before speaking with an IP and on us looking through the file we've noticed my debts are appearing on dad's name. My mum rang the agency but they are unsure on the process, but my parents are of the view that they would love to leave my debts on their file and have it managed under the IVA to enable me to move out and get a mortgage next year (for the record, I have my own savings plan in place to ensure I'm out of debt next year anyway, but that's intensively saving and besides the point, I just want to make it clear I'm not freeloading)
The question I've got is; would they be allowed to leave this on the file since it's coming up in dad's name even though they are mine? Also, if they were allowed and did so, would it affect me getting a mortgage for the duration of their IVA?
Thanks for your help all!
- Posts: 22375
- Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
- Posts: 514
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:03 pm
Who is onlineUsers browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests
Ask the IVA Experts a QuestionSimply complete form and you will get an answer from our IVA Experts (multiple replies within an hour *)
* Any use of this IVA forum is conditional on you having read and agreed to our terms and conditions.
* If you enter your phone number, Vincent Bond and Co Ltd will give you a courtesy call to ensure that your question has been answered.
* The question will be posted on our forum, we will email you the location