full and final phonecall

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
User avatar
Mark Bruton
Posts: 8
by Mark Bruton » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:58 am
ok so i have asked my isp to submit a full and final offer to my creditors and they say i have to have an appointment for a phone call which is booked in july to go over the offer and ask some questions? is this normal? why can they just not submit it to my creditors?

the offer is the remaining months at what i'm paying now so hopefully it should be accepted.
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 71780
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:03 am
Hopefully it will go through ok. It may well be they have a few queries that need sorting and will be nothing to worry about.
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 23527
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:06 am
Different IPs handle things in different ways -- this one does seem a little drawn out.
User avatar
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Posts: 15173
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:08 am
Seems a long time to wait. Contact your IP and tell them that you want the variation called immediately in line with the terms and conditions of your IVA. The IP must call the meeting within 21 days of a written request from a client and not string them along for months.
User avatar
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Posts: 5891
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:47 am
They have 21 days to put your offer to creditors so do not wait util July - consider making a complaint.

If they need more information from you they can write, e-mail or call you - you should not have to wait until July.

What a farce.
User avatar
Mark Bruton
Posts: 8
by Mark Bruton » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:32 pm
well i emailed them the documents they asked for as the payment is coming from a family member on the 1st may thinking by the beginning of june it could all be over but seems they forgot i reckon until i emailed them again in early june :evil:

anyway i had pack through to day telling me about the variation appointment so i suppose the ball has started rolling, fingers crossed then it could all be over within a month or so.
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 23527
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:49 pm
Fingers crossed.
User avatar
Mark Bruton
Posts: 8
by Mark Bruton » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:27 pm
so i've now had a letter from them referencing the re-mortgage as part of the iva agreement saying that as there is over 5k in equity they want me to remortgage up to a maximum of 85% ltv which has been calculated as £70,412.59, and if i can't re-mortgage then a third party sum equivalent to 85% of the value of my interest in the property which is £81,551.20

i'm thinking that it's two parts of the same company (aperture) not talking to each other. the thing i don't understand is the whole debt was for about half that so why ask for double the cost of the original debt surly thats bad management of the iva on their behalf and why don't they ask for just the cost of the original debt?

i've emailed them as there was a different email to the customer support one and told them i've submitted a f&f offer and i'm not going to re-mortgage until i know the outcome of that.
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 23527
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:00 am
They know full well that there is every likelyhood of a 12 month extension as you will, in all probability, be unable to remortgage -- I assume you have added the potential extension onto the term used to calculate your F&F offer ... so there is little more you can do --- as you say, there is no point in going through a dead end procedure when you have already addressed the likely outcome.

Aperture does seem to be made up of stand alone "divisions" who never communicate, which makes progress of a case unwieldy, to say the least.
User avatar
Mark Bruton
Posts: 8
by Mark Bruton » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:20 pm
yeah it was what i'm paying now for the full term inc the extra year if you can't remortgage but minus about £300 which i thought would be ok and hopefully will be accepted, glad to know that what i thought about aperture is about right with the individual divisions then and now i've emailed them they all should be on the same page but then I've noticed aperture are not very good at communicating!
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A6 Audrey and 16 guests