IVA and Security Clearance, whos had experience?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
cbdawg
by cbdawg » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:29 pm
Hi all.

I have a newish job, I have baseline security however I am waiting for my SC to come through, its so far taken 3.5 months and still nothing, and this will impact my position. I have emailed they just say its being processed and no further information is required. I also had to fill in extra paperwork regarding financial stuff. I am starting to get nervy about whether I will get granted it and wondered if there is anyone that has been refused on the basis of an IVA?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:39 pm
I believe some forum members have successfully passed SC whilst in an IVA. Hopefully someone with direct experience will reply.
Waitingforship
by Waitingforship » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:40 pm
Hi. My job requires regular vetting (or security clearance if you like). One of the conditions of my employment is that I must provide details of any changes to my personal circumstances which includes financial. I too was extremely worried as it could have ended my career. However when I entered my IVA I came clean and informed my vetting officer. It was not a problem and I was informed it is way more common than you might think. The problem lies with hiding it or lying as this in itself makes you a security risk.

So whilst I know it would be stupid to advise you not to worry. I hope and think you'll probably be ok.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”