My IVA was due to finish in April. IP says pay extra 12 month for 2013-14 income

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Johndd57
by Johndd57 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:07 pm
Hi. My iva was due to finish in April. I sent all our payslips and p46 etc. I hadn't heard anything so I rang them and I have been informed that I had some additional income from 2013/2014 of over £5k.
Is this right that they can ask for this now or should this of been addressed earlier. Iva company now stating that I need to pay another 12 months.
Any advice much appreciated.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:47 pm
You should have declared the extra income at the time -- is this a pay rise or overtime / bonus etc ? And how much? They should only extend by however long it takes to pay over what is due.
Johndd57
by Johndd57 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:00 pm
Hi Foggy. I submitted my annual review and my additional income from overtime. But then I had to stop working due to ill health almost immediately after my review. I contacted them to say that I was in no position to pay the additional income and they lowered my monthly payment and I heard nothing else. It's only now 3 years later they have mentioned this.

Thanks
John.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:28 pm
A reduction in monthly payment isn't usually recovered. I would ask them to explain, in detail, what their figures are , how they have worked out the term of the extension and exactly why was this not brought up at the time. Do you have any of the correspondence regarding the reduction ? If they didn't mention recovery of the reduction, then it would be fair for you to assume that there would be none ( as is usual) and would have grounds for a formal complaint.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:03 am
I agree with Foggy. Ultimately however if these monies are found to be due then unfortunately despite the awful problem with delay in asking you to pay it it will need to be dealt with to close your IVA.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”