Expenditure Review, whats the best course of action?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
cbdawg
by cbdawg » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:18 pm
Hi All
First review due next month and I have to submit my expenditure review in the next few days. SInce I started in the IVA I did some shopping about, got some good deals on insurance, utlities etc and well, some things have gone down, some stayed the same and some actually where never enough in the first place, but they advised that was the max they would allow. Doing the sums it works out about £60ish surplus a month, give or take, as some months can be different.

On your review form, would you put the figures in as the same hoping they wont care too much or would you put the revised figures down to the penny and be open and honest about it?

:D
kallis3
Forum Expert
by kallis3 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:06 pm
Personally, I would be honest.
Foggy
Forum Expert
by Foggy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:12 pm
Utilities, insurance etc will show up on bank statements, should they ask for them at any point. So .. best be honest with the figures. Regarding those they "under allow" because they are at the maximum --- which ones are these ? Many of our allowances exceed the maximum, if that is what is actually paid and can be verified .... the guidelines are not set in stone, they are a guide only.
cbdawg
by cbdawg » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:15 pm
Hi Foggy

Thanks, for instance, they allowed me £45 for water utilites, whereas actually my bills are around £80, and they have been for years.
Foggy
Forum Expert
by Foggy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:29 pm
cbdawg wrote:
Hi Foggy

Thanks, for instance, they allowed me £45 for water utilites, whereas actually my bills are around £80, and they have been for years.

They are asking for trouble by setting an unrealistic payment level.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”