Can i add my partner to my existing mortgage? He was in IVA.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
laura
by laura » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:13 pm
Hi, I have a mortgage with Halifax in my name only, I have a good credit history and its always been paid on time. Me and my partner want to re-mortgage so we can pay off debts that we accrued whilst renovating the house. So we want to add him to the existing mortgage and re-mortgage to pay off the debt. The only problem is he has an IVA from June 2011, that was settled in 2012. Is there any hope that the current mortgage lender will allow him to be added to the mortgage? Thanks, Laura
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:54 pm
It would be close as his credit file will be damaged for six years which is about now. I suggest you speak with one of the experts who post here such as Shaun Vickery from Select or Ryan. At least if you have a credit search done it will show what can be done and how long you would need to wait.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:10 pm
Hi Laura,

If you were to contact us we would be happy to look at your situation. I'm sure we'd be able to assist.

Regards
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:22 pm
Much would depend on Halifax's own criteria, which is where Ryan and / or Shaun could assist.
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:43 pm
Hi Laura and welcome to the forum. Timing is likely to be the key to this. I'd suggest obtaining a copy of your credit files first (I use www.noddle.co.uk personally and this is free for life). This way you can ensure that your credit files are in order before you apply. If your existing lender is not prepared to play ball then there are likely to be others who will offer competitive rates and, in fact, this might be a better option for you anyway.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”