IVA completed what should the dates be on the defaults on credit file?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Beckykid
by Beckykid » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:58 pm
Hi,
I have now completed my IVA and I'm trying to check my credit file is all correct as we're hoping to apply for a mortgage once the IVA drops off my record. Should the default date be the date that my IVA was originally set up and should the default satisfaction date be the date on my IVA completion certificate? I noticed some of the dates are different on different files.
Many thanks
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:17 pm
Hi,

Well done on completing. Default dates should be back to the start date of your IVA so check all agencies to make sure this has happened.
Beckykid
by Beckykid » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:02 pm
Thanks,
If it hasn't, what do I do to sort it?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:21 pm
Satisfaction dates and the status of the default does not matter. The main thing is the start date, which should be on or about the start of the IVA.

Have a read here:

https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record

Also have a look at the latest entries in my blog concerning credit files --- link in my signature below.
Beckykid
by Beckykid » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:55 am
Thanks Foggy, that is really helpful.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:07 am
Becky,

It's also best to check all 3 credit reports individually - Experian, Equifax and Callcredit/Noddle - to make sure that they are all clear and correct as different Lenders search different credit reports.

As has been said though the default dates should be the IVA start date so that at the 6 year point they all drop off the reports.

Regards
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:47 am
Ryan is right, particularly if you are considering looking for a mortgage. Noddle is free for life, with the others you are looking for a copy of your statutory report. Don't be suckered into joining and then having to cancel - it's notoriously difficult to do so.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”