I'm confused here

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
63 posts Page 2 of 5
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:04 pm
ryan787 wrote:
Lisa Thomas wrote:
All sorted then - you have a new bank account and are stopping payments to creditors.

Best of luck with the IVA meeting.

Will they be able too see I put the direct debits into a new account and have now cancelled it again could that be a issue too be turned down ?

I don't get how credit fix are so confident they said there 97% sure I'll be accepted how can they come up with things like that .

Allso if I'm not paying can that be seen has rejection ?

Credfitfix deal with hundreds of IVA's and know from experience which way many creditors vote ( although these things are never guaranteed). Not paying will have no effect on the vote at all.

Creditfix will be earning a fee for their work only if the IVA is accepted -- so they are confident that it will go though if they are putting in the work.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:14 pm
No - you will be fine, they won't be checking your account and you are unlikely to be rejected. CF would not put it forward if they were not confident
ryan787
by ryan787 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:05 pm
kallis3 wrote:
No - you will be fine, they won't be checking your account and you are unlikely to be rejected. CF would not put it forward if they were not confident

Lioyds is my main debt so if I don't pay them the £95 minimum credit card fee won't it look funny and seen has negative ?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:19 pm
ryan787 wrote:
kallis3 wrote:

Lioyds is my main debt so if I don't pay them the £95 minimum credit card fee won't it look funny and seen has negative ?

The chances are they will not even know you missed the payment before the meeting. Several of my creditors were part of the Lloyds group and they voted in favour of my IVA, despite me missing a couple of months payments.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:21 pm
No it won't. All creditors are used to it. You may get phone calls but just tell them you are going for an IVA and you're not paying them.
ryan787
by ryan787 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:22 pm
Foggy wrote:
ryan787 wrote:
kallis3 wrote:

The chances are they will not even know you missed the payment before the meeting. Several of my creditors were part of the Lloyds group and they voted in favour of my IVA, despite me missing a couple of months payments.

How will they not know surely they check these things ?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:26 pm
No they won't check them. You are less than a week away now so please try not to stress too much.
ryan787
by ryan787 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:32 pm
kallis3 wrote:
No they won't check them. You are less than a week away now so please try not to stress too much.

I can't stop stressing I've just got it into my head that I'm going too be rejected .
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:38 pm
Be positive - I have not seen a rejection on here for a very, very long time and I can't see you being the first. As has already been said - some of the votes may already be in.
ryan787
by ryan787 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:47 pm
kallis3 wrote:
Be positive - I have not seen a rejection on here for a very, very long time and I can't see you being the first. As has already been said - some of the votes may already be in.

How long is a limb time ? . I just never have luck so I'm scared
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:50 pm
I have been on this forum for more than 6 years and, in that time, have seen hundreds of IVAs accepted and only a handful refused.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:54 pm
I've been on here for almost 10 years and it rarely happens - you will be fine.
ryan787
by ryan787 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:56 pm
Foggy wrote:
I have been on this forum for more than 6 years and, in that time, have seen hundreds of IVAs accepted and only a handful refused.

What are normal reasons for Beeing turned down foggy ? .
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:03 pm
ryan787 wrote:
Foggy wrote:

Usually if the creditors think they might get more return from other debt enforcement -- at the end of the day it is a commercial decision. Your proposal will demonstrate that an IVA will give them more than, for instance, bankruptcy.
ryan787
by ryan787 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:08 pm
Foggy wrote:
ryan787 wrote:
Foggy wrote:

Usually if the creditors think they might get more return from other debt enforcement -- at the end of the day it is a commercial decision. Your proposal will demonstrate that an IVA will give them more than, for instance, bankruptcy.

I've offered them £160 a month for 23,000 debt which leaves me too pay back £9000 does that sound reasonable ?
63 posts Page 2 of 5
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”