Recommend A Good IVA Practitioner

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Yogster74
by Yogster74 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:41 am
Hi,

I need to start an IVA, please can somebody recommend a decent company to use that won't charge me loads and know what they are doing
Thanks

Yogster
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:51 am
None of the good firms will charge you up front fees and all the other fees are as agreed with the creditors and are deducted from your normal payment. I am unable to recommend a specific firm, but a look around the forum will give you some clues.

Personally, I would go for a small / medium firm, where you can speak to the IP if required and will be treated as an individual, rather than a grain of sand. If you own your home be clear on how they operate the equity release provisions and get an example calculation, in writing, so there will be no suprises. Also, if you are living with someone, be sure that their income is not included in your disposable income.

Hopefully a few members will come along to recommend their own firms, if they were happy with them, or put you off, if they were not.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:09 am
There are plenty of good companies around and none should charge you up front fees. Call a few and go with the one that makes you feel most comfortable.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:40 pm
I would be happy to help as no doubt would Michael.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”