I don't get along with my wife & payplan wants partner's salary included in iva.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
oliver24752
by oliver24752 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:33 pm
I am with Payplan and although they are okay they seem to be in the minority that automatically include your partners salary in the household total.

the issue i have is my wife has taken a job which pays less, i know roughly what she earns but she is not at all keen on giving me any details like payslips etc. to be honest if it wasn't for the children we would have split up a long time ago due to the stress of this IVA which is in my name.

my question is can Payplan insist on seeing her payslip?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:37 pm
As they have, effectively, included her salary as part and parcel of the arrangement I would imagine ( and this is only a guess) they they can fail the IVA for non-compliance if payslips are not produced. In normal circumstances ( or, an IVA supervised by most other firms) they have no compulsion over the solvent spouse -- but Payplan do things their own way !
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:16 am
The problem as I see it is that Payplan may have used your wife's earning when they set the payment and now if you need a reduction they want proof of that. If you need your payments down they will likely demand back up for this so it seems either provide the details or the payments cannot be reduced. Ultimately it is your proposal and your IP should believe you so if you cannot get the evidence ask for a variation to be called explaining why.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”