I am in iva for 3 years, can my husband enter into his own iva?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Pied piper
by Pied piper » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:39 pm
I have successfully been in an iva for 3 years but now my husband is struggling with his own debts. Can he enter into his own iva? Will it affect mine?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:45 pm
Hi. Yes, if the other circumstances indicate an IVA is the best route, yes, he can enter his own IVA,
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:40 am
I agree - it won't affect yours. If you are happy with your company he can use the same one if he wants to.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:40 am
There is nothing to stop him entering an IVA but I would be concerned about the reasons. If your IVA payments were set too high this may have lead him to obtain credit to make ends meet. I think before he enters an IVA you should review both cases to ensure your IVA will still be affordable when he no longer can help. Some firms take too much money and this can create problems down the line.
Pied piper
by Pied piper » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:15 pm
Thanks for the replies. He went into a DMP when I entered my IVA in the hope he could pay his debts of as we had hoped for a change of circumstances but the way things are going he won't be debt free for over 10 years so I think he'd be better off with an IVA
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:26 pm
That makes sense. At least it was not your IVA that caused his problems.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”