Remortgage after full and final IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
SSC
by SSC » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:59 am
I have just received my Certificate of Completion of a Full & Final IVA dated 26/6/17. My mortgage is currently with the Northern Rock (now Landmark Mortgages) on their standard rate of 4.39%. Amount outstanding is £88000. Value of property is approx. £210,000 and I would like to remortgage to get a lower rate, not to borrow any more than £88,000. I have made all monthly mortgage payments without defaulting. Is there any chance of me being able to get a remortgage from someone or do I still have to wait a further 6 years (by which time I will be 62 years old).
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:14 pm
There is every chance, but all lenders have different criteria. Might I suggest a word with Ryan and / or Shaun, both whole of market brokers with experience of adverse credit applications.

Their details can be found under the "Quick Links" tab (top left) and then "The Team" on the drop down.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:17 pm
Possibly the most important factor will be when the IVA began as to what interest rate you may be looking at. We'd be happy to take a look at your situation and let you know any possible options though if you were to contact us.

Regards
SSC
by SSC » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:48 pm
Hi Ryan,
My IVA was a full and final one after I had been in a DMP since May 2007. Although the offer was accepted in November 2016 I only received the Certificate of Completion in June 2017. Hope this helps. :D
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:58 pm
Thanks, we'd need quite a bit more information so if you could contact us from the link below or via the Experts page then we will be in more of a position to offer some advice.

Regards
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:57 am
Here's hoping you can get thr better deal and move forwards. Good luck
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”