2 people having separate IVA's can move in together?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
joanne877
by joanne877 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:14 am
I am currently on an iva and my new partner also has one in place too. How would they be effected if we move in together??
Also can we rent a new property together??

Thanks.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:25 am
You can move in together but both the IVA's will have to have new I&E reviews as your expenditure and allowances will alter if you live as a couple. This might be easier to deal with if you move in on a "house share" basis --- keeping your finances seperate.

Getting rental accomodation might, however, be a different story as you will both fail agents credit checks and might need a guarantor, large deposit or rent up front. Alternatively, try to rent privately with a landlord who doesn't use an agent and does not credit check.
joanne877
by joanne877 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:07 am
Thank you for your reply. So if we want to rent a new house how do we go about it?? Do we both inform our IP of that we want to house share??
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:19 am
You do it, then inform the IP of the change of address. You will need to mention that your I&E has changed and ask for a review. As you are house sharing, most of your allowances will stay the same. Things like electricity, gas, water, council tax etc will be split 50/50, as will the rent. Incomes will be the same, I assume, so there shouldn't be much of a change to the net figures to affect the viability of the IVA's --- you should sit down and work this out informally yourselves first.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”