Living with ex partner bcoz of joint mortgage, denied IVA as his income is more

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
sarah390
by sarah390 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:21 am
I have been dumped by my now ex partner who I have to live with because we have a joint mortgage - he is controlling and coercive and he deals with all the money - I tried to get debt relief by IVA and because he would transfer the money out of my account they took his details into account and said we earnt too much - yet it's my debt - how the heck can I not get an IVA ? I'm devestated - I have now got a CCJ and I'm quite honestly considering Suicide - I've two kids and my ex partner well I'm too scared to tell him - the house needs loads of work doing on it so won't sell - I'm a wreck - I work full time and still have to give him my money - I just don't know what to do. They put me through to this company and the woman I'm dealing with asked me to pull myself together when I couldn't stop crying. Just... can't
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:07 am
Hi,

Sorry to hear of your problems - is there any chance you can find somewhere to rent and also change your bank account to one he cannot access?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:09 pm
You need to chat with a more sympathetic provider who can advise on the whole set of circumstances. I would suggest a word with a firm like Vincent Bond who will look at the whole picture and advise on the best way forward for you.

I would not normally mention a specific firm to speak to, but feel you need one I know will treat you as an individual. I would also recommend McCambridge Duffy.
sarah390
by sarah390 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:14 pm
Thank you for your replies. It's not so easy to leave the house - I have no family or friends who live around me. I tried Richmond Oaks first who were great but couldn't help. I've got a new account that is basic and I'll transfer stuff to that so I don't use the overdraft. I'm hoping they can secure an IVA on my own - I didn't realise how hard it was to obtain one. I've been in a state all day. It's not fair on my kids. You've provided some great advice and I'll look up the companies if this new one can't help.

Thanks again
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:24 pm
Feel free to post updates or ask.any questions. There is a solution for everyone and as foggy suggests speaking to a couple of different firms as named may provide the solution for you.
You mention you are feeling low and have had suicidal thoughts - I would urge you to seek some professional support / counselling to help you overcome your feelings and anxieties - its a difficult situation you are in but your kiddies need you and you need them - don't let your ex get to you he isn't worth it xx
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:23 am
Your partner has no obligation to provide any details whether he is an ex or not. Definitely get a second opinion and hopefully the right option can be found for you.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:35 pm
How long are you prepared to live with him because you have a joint mortgage?

Perhaps it might be better to resolve the issue of the joint property first, one way or another.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”