Completion time

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Pedro_1
Posts: 4
by Pedro_1 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:23 pm
Hi,

We've waited 4 months since final payment and still no sign of completion documents from our IP. We were told it could take up to 6 months but would more than likely be weeks to wrap everything up. Requests for updates are going unanswered and when I call I'm getting standard response that I need to allow 6 months.

Is this a normal time period? I'm concerned something is not right and it's not being progressed.

Any advice would be appreciated. Apologies, I may have posted this twice today by accident!
User avatar
Ryan
Industry Expert
Posts: 679
Contact
by Ryan » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:30 pm
Hi Pedro,

6 Months certainly isn't unusual unfortunately going from our Client's past experiences. Things like dealing with PPI claims can lead to quite long delays sadly.

Regards
Pedro_1
Posts: 4
by Pedro_1 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:36 pm
Thank you Ryan. I'm not claiming for PPI as I've never taken insurance out. Do they force you to do this anyway?
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 24159
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:02 pm
6 months is the standard time frame built into Protocol IVA's along with the possibility of this being extended, so this is not unusual at all. Many are tied up within weeks though, PI --- even though you didn't have any they will still want to look (except Stepchange, who don't seem to boither), but this need not hold anything up if you assign any PPI to them. Incidentally I swore I never had any -- they found over £8,000 !!
User avatar
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Posts: 15188
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:18 am
Many cases were not closed due to a court case which was recently settled. This created a backlog in some firms which should now be addressed and hopefully you will get your certificate soon.
User avatar
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Posts: 6033
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:37 pm
Contact you IP in writing and ask what is causing the delay. Keep the pressure on them to close. Worst case scenario you should only have to wait for 2 more months...
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests